Part 2

Chapter Two

As the world could not touch me, I remembered the past six months. All the wonderful times Darien and I accidentally bumped into each other or I saved him. I was going to my happy place as reality was just so painful.

~~Six Months Ago~~

Keith smiled as he saw I was gone reading an article about the most famous and available batchelor in all the city. The City's prince. One who was amazingly gorgeous and from what I was reading funny too. I didn't even know Keith was behind me reading over my shoulder.

"What'cha reading?" I jumped, spun around, and was perched on the back of the sofa even before the magazine hit the ground. Keith looked at me wide eyed. "You really were out of it girl."

"Sorry, it was a really good article." I slid onto the seat of the sofa.

"Umm hmm. I can see that. Don't worry Ang, your not the first girl to find him hot and delicious looking. Though he seems too good to be true. So kind. So generous." Keith picked up the magazine then flopped down on the sofa with me.

I sighed and got up. "I'm going patrolling. I have no clients today so I figure the city needs protecting." I walked into the second bedroom that had been mine since I saved Keith's life three months ago before passing out in front of him. Keith was getting mugged at the time. He was so grateful that he decided to help me out. We have been best friends since. I let him play with my hair whenever he needed to play or practice, though the one thing he couldn't do was cut my hair.

I changed out of my pajamas and into the outfit I created to wear when I protected the city. I actually have several copies of my outfit because they tend to get battered really quickly during fights.

I smiled as I put on my panel skirt. The skirt fit me nicely and the seams from two inches below my hip line down were not attached to each other so I could move. The skirt ended at my knees. The top was a simple backless halter that ended just below two inches below my bust. Both pieces are white with lavender trims and silver accents. The outfit may be simple, but it does the job.

I brushed the fur of my wings lightly and smile when they soften for me. Next I brushed my hair making sure to start at the bottom and worked my way up. I just finished brushing the last of my tangles out when I reentered the livingroom. Keith went behind me when I sat down in a diningroom chair. We had a planned dance when I was going patrolling. Keith wanted to make sure my hair didn't get messed up as I flew around the city. He did that by styling it.

Today Keith decided to to make six complete small braids that followed into a single ponytial. The rest of my hair in the ponytail was made into one big braid. He put a band with three bells with purple ribbon on the end of the large braid.

"Well... You're all done, and if I may say... Fa-ine. My best work yet."

"You're work is always the best." I rose and hugged my friend.

"You're just saying that." He said into my ear.

I pulled back and smiled. "Never. I always tell the truth. Remember?" I started to walk to the balcony as Keith was laughing. The wind blew for a mere moment then quieted when I opened the balcony doors. The day was so beautiful with the sun ful in the sky. The sky clear with just hints and whisps of clouds. I smiled as the sunlight graced my skin.

I leaped up onto the railing on the balcony. I listened but heard nothing but the busy street below. No sirens. No screams. I didn't know if it was a good thing or a bad thing for today. Some feeling was crawling around in my chest.

I was about to jump when Keith came through the balcony doors. I turned to see him and he looked frightened. "Sorry Ang, but something is happening at Price Tower. I think you need to go there now." I nodded to him and flung my body into the air, spreading my wings wide. I catch the air easily and shifted to the north. Price Tower was on the corner of Washington and Central which is eleven long city blocks away.