Part 13

Chapter Thirteen

I listened to where the sirens were the greatest, near City Hall. Once there I flew down to the street, but I did not touch the ground. No one seemed to notice me. They were too many into fighting, both 'creations' and humans. A bullet smacked into me and I channeled my energies into my voice.

"Enough!" My voice seemed to blanket the air for whole city blocks in all directions. Everyone immediately froze where they were. All the citizens of the city looked in awe at me. Some even fell to their knees at the power of my voice. In unison, every 'creation' came to me and knelt before me with their heads bowed. "Raise! I desire no worshiping." My voice again was blanketing the air. They did not move.

One lifted his head to me. He had wings too and a few bird feathers along his temples. His hair had a green tint to it like his eyes. He looked part tropical parrot. "We are yours to command. Led us and we can rule this world."

"It is not my desire to rule anyone and it should not be yours." I stared at him intently and moved close to him placing my feet on the ground. "We are here to help and protect. I have always felt that was my purpose here. That's why I was allowed to be created. Look in your heart and tell me if that is what you feel."

He closed his eyes and concentrated for three heart beats. He looked lovingly back to me. "I feel your words are true. You are a living goddess as we were told." For heaven's sake!

I looked down on him more intently. I could feel the air filling with my anger. "I do not like being called a goddess." He was cringing away from me and wrapping his wings around him as he was shielding himself. Suddenly all the 'creations' were screaming in agony from a sound in the air. I touched the bird man in front of me on his shoulder. He stopped screaming. "Touch the ones on either side of you." I had a hunch and needed to try something. He did as I instructed willingly, and they stopped screaming.

Soon all the creations were all link, but I was down on my knees. Every time another set link, I could see my light spreading out to them. As they were being blanketed in my light, the light around me as weakening. The sound was breaking through whatever it was that helped the sound not to touch me before. When my hand was falling from his shoulder, there was shifting and he caught me with a free arm. The sound was not killing me, but making me feel pain. I was slipping unconscious because of that pain. I felt so spread thin.

"You all should not have left the organization. We will forgive you if you bring Bast back along with all of you." Dr. Sabers had shown up. Slowly I was starting to feel better though the sound was still present. The birdman who held me placed his other hand under me and lifted into the air. He was taking me away from Dr. Sabers. I heard other sets of wings.

"We are not yours to command anymore." His voice shouted down to the ground. "She would want us to protect everyone. We must stop the organization." He was talking to his comrades. I stirred in his arms. "Don't worry my lady, we will protect you and the humans as you wish."

"Take me somewhere high and unseen." I needed to shift my form to get rid of this weakness. I need to 'reboot' myself again.

"As you wish." He flew higher and higher. My head lobbed back as I was becoming weaker though the sound was gone. I felt the moment we landed somewhere. Wind was caressing us as he was laying me down on the skyscraper.

"Close your eyes please, hold me tight, and cover my mouth so I cannot scream out." My voice was a pathetic version of a moment ago.

"I don't understand, but I will do as you say." And he did. I felt as his grip got tighter around me, then his other hand was over my mouth. I had to try twice to move the light into my heart before I succeeded in looking normal. I heard his gasp as I went limp in his arms. I was exhausted. "Impossible!"