Part 10

Chapter Ten

The TV turned back off quickly and Darien was knelt down in front of me. "Angel? What happened? Whats wrong?"

I opened my eyes and looked at him. "The broadcast had a sound added to it."

"I'm sorry. I wanted to see what was going on out in the city."

"Its okay now. Turn the TV back on please."

"But... If it hurts you, then I won't."

I sighed and got up. I reached the remote and turned the TV back on. I shook my head for an instant when the sound came back on, but that was all that I did. The sound did not have such a great affect as before.

The news was not so pretty. People were shouting and wanting to know where I was. Some were even rioting. They feared I died and the Mayor was covering it up. The Mayor was about to give a press conference to discuss what he knows and doesn't know about me. I sighed thinking I will have to show up to calm everyone down.

"Go on...the city needs you." Darien caressed my arm. "Be careful." I kissed him before I sighed again. I walked out of his bedroom and had to laugh at what Darius said.

"Dude! How the heck did you get that girl?"

"Shut up!" Darien said playfully to his friend as I walked out on Darien's balcony. Huge balcony, with a swimming pool I might add. I walked to the railing and jumped onto it in a crouch with my nails resting on the railing. This dress is amazingly perfect for any movement and position. It draped itself down the railing to the balcony floor.

I looked out onto the city. The day had just started and the sun has been up for only about two hours. It looked like it will be a clear day and beautiful. Not a cloud in the sky. I rose up from my crouch, and spread my arms and wings. I smiled as I let myself leap from the railing and fall down the side of Darien's building toward the street below. Darien lived on one of the highest buildings in the city.

I shifted and started to fly and glide through the city. I weaved in and out of the buildings like they were poles that a skateboarders weave in and out of. I swooped down to the street and glided about a mile from the ground. Cheers started to grow as more people saw me flying above them.

It only took me about ten minutes to reach city hall which means that the Mayor just walked out and up to the mic in front of all the news crews. I smiled as the crowd's cheers boomed before me as I encircled City Hall. A group of cops shifted away from a spot on the stage for me. Lights flashed as I landed onto the stage.

The Mayor walked over and shook my hand. "I am glad to see you are alright."

"Thank you Mr. Mayor. I am sorry to worry the city."

"What happened?"

I hung my head slightly. "A evil man from my past caught up with me." I looked back up to him. "I could not let him hurt anyone." I looked at the reporters. "They're waiting for you."

The Mayor walked back to the mic. "Well, as we can all see. Angel Kat is alive and well. It seems she has fully recovered from whatever happened to her three nights ago." Three nights? Oh damn! I was asleep in the hospital a lot longer than I thought.

The reporters went crazy with questions for me. "Angel Kat...What happened the other night? How did you become injured?"

I waved my hand in front of me. "I have no comment on that for the sake of the city." No one should know that a sound amplifier nearly killed me. If they knew, many people who wanted me gone would try and some may even succeed in their efforts.