Part 6

Chapter Six

The phone next to me rang and Darien picked it up swiftly. "Price...um...hum....um... Yes. As soon as possible... Alright, I will see what I can do from here." Darien closed his phone again and looked at me. "I know you must be tired still, but we need you to change back into your...ur...normal form. It will make things easier on us."

I looked over to Keith. "Up." My voice was just a breathe for him. He nodded and slid his arms under my shoulders and helped me sit up. My body had no strength that it usually had. That sound had done serious damage to my system.

"She may try to shout out, so you need to keep her quiet while I hold her up." I closed my eyes as Keith explained what Darien needed to do.

"You mean cover her mouth?" Darien seemed a bit unsure about keeping my quiet like that.

"Yes." Darien freed his hand from mine and placed one over my mouth, and then the other behind my head to support it. With both of them in place I concentrated on pulling the light that created the angel form into my body. I did try to scream as the light burned its way to my heart. My chest grew tight as I forced the light into my body. My wings slid back into my back as the light was compressing inward. My eyes remained shut as the burn faded from them. My scalp seared as my hair shrank in length. Even my nails felt not so sharp. Finally the light was just in my heart where I locked it up with a lot of effort.

"Incredible. She is completely different." Darien took his hand from my mouth now that it was over. I opened my eyes now that I had more energy back, but not a lot. I smiled at Darien who smile back at me.

"Told you so." Keith removed his hands from my back and I sat up the rest of the way by myself. "Better honey?"

"Much, thanks." My voice was not so singsong like now and very shaky.

"Even your voice sounds different. No wonder people could never find you... Your still beautiful." Darien stroked my cheek.

There was three light knocks on my door and Keith put a scarf on my head. He wanted to disguise me in case someone came in. It was a second after the scarf was on my head before he realized that no one was coming in. "Was that for us?" I wanted to ask too, but I didn't.

"Yes. We have ten minutes till we can get Angel out of here. My people are talking to loyal nurses and cops to arrange our getaway." Darien cupped my cheek in his hand. "You have many supporters."

"If we have ten minutes, she should get changed out of those rags." Keith picked up a bag off the floor and put it on the hospital bed next to me.

There was another light knock on the door. Darien started to unhook to monitors from me. "That was to indicate they disconnected the monitors to this room." He was gentle with how he touched me. I liked how he was with me. Much better than that aweful Dr. Sabers. I watched Darien's face flushed as he touched me.

Once all the monitor's pads were gone, he got up and caressed my cheek. He dropped down and picked up my journal. He walked over to Keith and tugged him over to the other side of the room. He smiled as he closed the curtain for me.

I grabbed the bag and turned my back from the two. I opened the bag and thanked heaven that Keith was my best friend. He brought my favorite cloths with him. The ones I put in his apartment before I got dressed for my first dinner with Darien the other night. The dinner which landed me here because of my past.

I undid the hospital gown and pulled it off. I slid on my long designer tank which was so very comfortable and stylish. Next I put my low rise boot cut blue jeans on and zipped them up. At least the hospital staff left my panties on me when I got here. The final touch was a low cut vest I created when I was living with Keith. It was then that Keith got me into designing for others. I looked into the bag again and saw ballet style shoes. I grinned and slipped them on.