19-Being Bitten

19

Oh my god. Romeo, answer me!

She all but runs into the bloody battlefield, ducking under wolves. Tanner shouts something at her but it’s blurry. All she’s focused on is Romeo. Juliette crouches over his wolf body, looking at his eyes. They’re closed. “Romeo! Romeo? Can you hear me? Romeo!”

Tears start leaking from her eyes. No, no, no, no. This wasn’t suppose to happen. She shakes him, trying to wake him. His body stays stiff in the warm blood. Bites of wolves are left on his stomach and legs, where the blood is pooling out from. His chest is still rising, ever so slowly.

“Romeo, can you-” She’s cut off.

By the extreme pain on her leg.

A shriek of pain leaves her lips. Her eyes dart over to her leg, where a bite mark is left. Blood starts trickling out. Her gaze is hazy as she looks over to see a big wolf snarling at her. More shrieks and gasps leave her lips at the blinding pain. It sends throughout her whole body and back.

Being bitten is horrible.

Romeo was right, this is more painful than any shot.

She starts to loose focus on everything, the world spinning round and round. It reminds her of the carnival her dad once took her to. The spinning tea cups was the first ride they went on, and all she remembers is the blurriness of the world around her. Jules crashes into the hard ground, clutching her leg.

Someone starts shouting something to her, but she can’t hear. Its all blocked out as more blood leaks out of her leg. From the loss of too much blood, her eyelids grow heavy.

The last thing she remembers is Tanner running towards her as her mind goes black.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

A beeping noise wakes her up.

She blinks a few times before realizing she’s in what seems to be a hospital. It’s a tiny, cold room with no sunlight at all. Just a window with curtains and a couple of lights. Juliette sits up and casts a look down at her leg as the memories flood her. On her right leg, a bite mark is showing. It’s not bleeding anymore, but it’s a reddish bluish color.

Romeo. Can you hear me?

She wait’s a couple of minutes for a response, but she gets nothing.

Sighing, she carefully maneuvers her way out of the bed. Instead of the clothing she was dressed in, a white sheet-like cloth drapes over her frame. Juliette reaches the door and pulls on the handle. It reaches to a long, teal hallway with more doors. Definitely a hospital-for wolves of some sort. Taking tiny steps down the narrow hallway, she finds the check in room.

“Excuse me,” Her timid voice echoes through the glassy-like room, “but where am I?”