8-Being Bitten

8

Where the hell am I?

Juliette bolts upright, groans at the oncoming headache, and bolts right back down again. 

“Oh good, you’re up.” She hears a voice, but can’t quite make it out.

“Dustin?”

“No,” The voice answers immediately, sounding angry. “Romeo. The one who let you crash here when I specifically told you not to get drunk.”

Her eyes find him, and she see’s he’s freshly showered. A black t shirt clings to his slender body, and jeans hang loosely on him. His blonde hair curves to a point at his forehead.

Her eyes widen as she starts sputtering out words, “Oh my god, I’m so sorry…”

He sits down next to her on his bed, watching as she sits up slowly. Her blonde curls are all messy, but it looks…nice. A baggy blue shirt hangs down to her thighs, his shirt, because she couldn’t sleep in a bikini. 

“Here, drink this. My mom made it. It’s suppose to help nurse a hangover.” He hands her a concoction of some sort. She takes it, murmuring a thank you. She gulps it down, ignoring the taste, and hopes she feels better.

He studies her as she puts the cup down on his side table gently, looking back up at him. Her eyes start to travel around his room though, looking up at some posters of the Hot Chili Peppers and Maroon 5.

I never knew he liked these bands, she thinks as her eyes find his again. “I…um…you were right. I’m sorry for getting drunk,” She winces at the word, “and I’ll probably never do it again.”

He nods curtly at her, still putting on the angry mode.

“So…um…this is your room?”

“Yes.”

She nods, letting her eyes look down to see what she’s wearing. He watches as her eyes get big, then snap back to his. “Did we…?”

Holy shit. Maybe that’s why he’s staring at me like that. Oh my god, I’m so dead. My brother is going to chop him up into pieces and sell them off to people on eBay. I’m so fricking dead.

He breaks out into a smirk then, “No, we didn’t do anything Julie. Naughty girl.” He ruffles her hair, as her cheeks turn beet red.

“Did you put this on me?”

“No, in you’re drunken state, you somehow managed to put that on and slip out of you’re bikini in my bathroom.”

“Oh…” She states dumbly, then jumps violently. “Holy shit! My dad is going to kill me! I need to call him!” She looks at Romeo with wide eyes, reminding him of a puppy.