Being Bitten-5

5

Leave. Me. The. Hell. Alone.

Juliette groans and lifts her head off the bed, scowling at Max’s singing that woke her up.

“JULIE GET UP FOR SCHOOL-IE!”

“SHUT THE HELL UP, MAX!”

“DADDY, SHE SAID A BAD WORD!”

“FUCK YOU, MAX!”

“DADDY, SHE SAID ANOTHER BAD WORD!”

She groans again, fed up with the fighting. School today. Joy. Julie climbs out of bed and stretches, walking zombie-like over to her bathroom. After taking a quick shower and brushing her teeth, she get’s dressed. She throws on some black skinny jeans with a tank top, a red light plaid jacket over it. A red checkered beanie covers her soft curls, and she makes her way down for breakfast.

“You need a ride to school?” Max asks when Julie comes downstairs.

“Yeah, thanks.” She nods, sitting down for some cereal.

A smirk pops onto his face. “Never said I was going to give you one.” She flips him the finger, which makes him laugh. “I’m kidding.”

“You two better hurry, school starts in twenty minutes.” Her father pipes in, taking a long sip of coffee, hiding his smirk.

Both of their eyes widen. “Shit!” They start rushing around as Eddie watches amused, sipping his coffee with the same hidden smirk. Ahh, gotta love my kids.

“Bye dad!”

“See you later old man.”

The kids say goodbye, and before he has a chance to answer them back, the door slams shut.

Both of them hop onto Max’s black motorcycle and it roars to life, heading in the direction of their school, Wolf Creek High School.

By the time they get there, they only have ten minutes to spare. They jump off the motorcycle, and Juliette hands back the helmet. “Thanks for the ride.”

“No problem.” He answers, giving his sister a wicked smile. He wraps an arm around her shoulders. “Let’s go find your friends, shall we?” He doesn’t wait for an answer, just starts strolling into the school.

They indeed found them; Astrid and Noah, sitting on the usual lunch table. They head over there, sitting down next to the two lovebirds.

“Howdy!” Max grins, sitting down next to his baby sister.

Noah nods to Max. “This your boyfriend?”

“Ew, gross!” The two exclaim at the same time, Max making gagging noises.