Ch.*21*

It's been almost two months and I'm sorry about that. I've been busy with friends, birthdays, family. I did write parts of this chap when I had the time.

Anyway this is the FINAL chapter. Since there are alot of questions and events that need to happen, i'm doing a sequel. I'm already half way done with the first chapter.

THE TEXAS RANGERS ARE GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!! I'M SO PROUD TO BE A TEXAN!!!!! COME ON RANGERS LETS BEAT THE SANFRAN GIANTS!!! lol i thought i would throw that out there.

Enjoy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ASHLEY'S POV

I couldn't sleep in my room knowing the blood stain on the floor was still there. I went straight to the guest room as soon as my parents suggested it. I couldn't sleep a wink and that annoyed me. I was also annoyed with the nagging feeling that something was going to happen. I felt that whatever was going to happen, it was going to be bad news for me.

I stared up at the ceiling until the sun was suddenly lighting up the room. I laid in the bed a few minutes until I finally got up. I didn't waste any more time in the guest room since I told Mrs. Haines I would visit Dylan in the morning. I planned on spending the whole morning at the hospital to keep both Mrs. Haines and Dylan company.

"Ashley? You're up early today. Did you sleep in yesterdays clothes?" my dad said after he saw me walk into the kitchen. I looked down at what I was wearing and almost gasped. I didn't change or take a shower last night after we got home. My outfit from yesterday had blood stains on it.

"Oh I guess I was too tired to take a shower like I wanted to do," I said as I frowned at my bloody clothes. I'm definitely taking a shower after breakfast.

"Well I made some pancakes but I think I made too many. You can have the leftovers if you're hungry," dad said pointing to a plate of three pancakes. My stomach growled when I glanced at them.

I was halfway done with the pancakes when my dad left the kitchen to wake up my mom. He normally goes to work but I guess since he's injured he didn't see the point in going. I glanced at the microwave that had a digital clock. It was almost nine and I was still not out of the house.

I quickly finished the last half of the pancakes and then put the dishes in the sink. I ran upstairs and grabbed some clothes from my closet. I had to make the shower quick if I planned to stay at the hospital longer than an hour.

DYLAN'S POV

I can hear voices. There was a man and a woman talking really loud nearby. I tried to make a noise but my mouth refused to move. I tried moving my arms but no luck with that either. I started to remember what happened to me. I can't believe i was stupid enough to get shot.

"What do you mean he escaped custody?!" the man yelled. Did a patient decide to escape from the hospital?

"That's what my friend at the police station told me. Henry what if he comes after Dylan? We can't lose him," the woman explained. Actually that sounds like my mom. What does mean by "We"? Wait were they talking about my so called dad?

"It's okay sweetheart. We'll just have to let Dylan out of the hospital today. I know the perfect place we can stay until it's safe to come back," the man said before I heard a door open and shut.

"It will be okay honey. Your father and I will keep you safe," my mom said as she grabbed my hand. No way! That guy was my real dad?! Mom you have some explaining to do.

What about Ashley? Are they just going to move me without telling her? I won't be able to see her or hear her voice one more time? She'll probably be upset once she finds out I'm gone without a goodbye.

ASHLEY POV

"What do you mean there is no Dylan Haines in your hospital?" I asked confused. He was no where near ready to leave the hospital.

"I mean that he left the hospital an hour ago with his mother. I would tell you to talk to his doctor but he left about half an hour ago," the nurse explained as she put fresh sheets on the bed that Dylan was in.

Why would his mother allow this? I guess that nagging feeling was right. This was the bad news I would get. Where the hell can Dylan be? I pulled my phone out and called my parents hoping that they would tell me that they saw Dylan across the street.

"Ashley! Get home now! It's not safe for you to be out and about!" my dad yelled as soon as he answered the phone. What the heck is he on about?

"What? Why?" I asked freaking out. It's never good when he yells.

"He escaped! The police lost him!"

I dropped the phone and collapsed on the floor in shock. This is not happening. Who asked for bad news to double down?