Ch.*18*

Okay I finally updated. This chapter is dedicated to the new fans....

Anyways this is all in Ashley's point of view and i did another cliffhanger. yes i know you hate me...

Enjoy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ASHLEY'S POV

The gun went off. I closed my eyes thinking it was my time to die. When no pain came, I opened them slowly. What I saw made me want to rewind back to this morning when I was excited about Christmas.

"Dylan!"

"Oh dear god!"

"What have I done?"

"Ashley help him!"

Everyone was talking at the same time. I couldn't stop the tears from falling as I crawled to Dylan. My mom continued to cry. Mr. Haines dropped his gun and kept telling himself that he didn't mean to do it. My dad grabbed the gun just in case Mr. Haines tried to kill us again.

"Dylan? Wake up. Please. Tell me you're alright," I whispered as my tears fell on his face. I had looked at his wound and didn't like the huge blood stain on the back of his shirt that seemed to get bigger.

I took off his shirt and grabbed a pillow to pull off the pillow case. I used it to try to stop the bleeding. Sam needed to hurry with the police. I don't know how long Dylan has until he's gone forever.

"Ashley?!"

"Miss, I told you that you have to wait outside!"

"Screw you jerk face! Don't you have a donut to eat?! My friend needs me! Ashley where are you?!"

She's here! Sam came with the police. Dylan will be able to get to a hospital. He can't die on me. I cried even more when the thought of him being gone came. I tried to call to her and let her know I was okay but I couldn't speak. I was more worried about Dylan.

"Sir! I found them! We need paramedics in here!" a man in a police uniform yelled when he walked into my bedroom.

Before I knew it the room was filled with police and paramedics. Mom and I were questioned while Mr. Haines was being handcuffed and taken out of the room. Paramedics had already taken dad and Dylan outside. I wanted to finish answering questions so I could ride in the ambulance with Dylan. I wanted to make sure he was going to be taken care of really well.

"Okay I think we have enough information. You can go now," the policeman said before walking away from us.

"I'm going to check on your father. Why don't you talk to your friend and thank her for the help," my mom said before walking out of the room.

Sam was forced to wait outside when the paramedics came for dad and Dylan. She went kicking and screaming of course. I walked out of the house and found Sam sitting on the steps staring at the paramedics, who were putting Dylan in the ambulance. I had to make this quick.

"Hey Sam thanks for coming. I don't know what would have happened if you didn't show up when you did," I said as I sat next to her. She looked like she was crying.

"You're welcome. When you told me that I needed to get the police I knew it had something to do with my uncle. I was expecting Dylan to call since he was the one that told Greg and I to keep our cell phones on and nearby. Do you think Dylan will be okay?" she said as wiped the tears off her face.

"I guess he had a feeling you would be needed. I think Dylan will be just fine. He has to be because I don't think it's his time to leave us yet," I said as I put an arm around her shoulders.

"I'm going to call my parents and tell them what happened with uncle Ben and Dylan. I have to call Greg too. I'll see you at the hospital later," she said as she stood up and took her phone out.

I stood up myself and walked to the ambulance that was taking Dylan to the hospital. I wonder if they'll let me ride with him. I guess it doesn't hurt to ask.

"Excuse me sir, I was wondering if I could ride with him?" I asked hoping the guy would say I could.

"Unless you're family, I can't let you ride with him," the guy said before closing the back doors of the ambulance. Well that just sucks, unless I lie.

"I'm his fiance. That counts as family right?" I lied knowing that they would let me ride with him.

"Oh yeah that counts. Hop in then," the guy said before opening the back door again. I can't believe I said I was his fiance. Why couldn't I say I was his sister or cousin?

I got into the ambulance and sat down. I looked at Dylan and tried to keep the tears from coming again. This was all my fault. If I was more aware of my surrounding then I wouldn't have gotten kidnapped. Right now we should be at my house enjoying our holiday break.

"How long have you two been engaged?" the female paramedic asked as she wrote on her clipboard.

Crap. Why did I have to lie?

"Um...well it's been a few months," I said kicking myself mentally for thinking up a terrible lie.

"Wow I didn't know the heir of the Haines fortune was getting married so soon. He must really love you," she said when she looked up from her clipboard.

"You have no idea," I said thinking about the box of love letters he wrote me. I didn't think Dylan would ever do that for a girl.

"Well congratulations on the engagement. You're a lucky girl. He's a good kid. Nothing like his father," she said before going back to her clipboard.

Oh how right she was about him and his father. They weren't even blood related. How could his mother keep that a secret all these years? I wonder if his real father knows he exists and if he cares about him.

The ambulance finally stopped. We were finally at the hospital. I got out before they got Dylan. I walked into the hospital and then realized I probably have to fill out paper work. I don't even know Dylan's information.

"Ashley? Dear is that you?" someone asked as I walked in. It was a female voice. She sounded so familiar too.

I looked at the person that apparently knew me. It was no wonder I recognized the voice. It was Mrs. Haines but what was she doing here at the hospital. Where did she get that black eye?

"Mrs. Haines? Are you here for Dylan?" I asked glad to run into her.

"Oh no I was visiting someone that works here. Why? Is Dylan okay?" she said suddenly frightened at the mention of Dylan.

"Mr. Haines did something terrible and Dylan was just trying to protect me....." I trailed off when the tears came back.

"Oh sweetie. it's okay. Tell me what happened," she said as she hugged me.

I told her what had been going on. When I told her about Dylan being shot, she began crying. When she calmed down, she went to the desk where a nurse was and asked her something. She came back with a clipboard of papers. It must of been Dylan's paperwork.

"I'll fill out this paperwork while you look out for Sam okay?" she said as she filled out the first page.

Sam had sent me a text telling me that she was going to get Greg and they would meet me at the hospital. An two hours went by and the paperwork was all done. Mrs. Haines was falling asleep when Sam and Greg spotted us.

"We came as soon as we could. Any word on Dylan's condition?" Greg said as they sat across from Mrs. Haines and I.

"No but I'm sure we'll hear something soon," I said rubbing my eyes. I was falling asleep myself.

It was another thirty minutes before a doctor came looking for us. We were all ready to hear what he had to say. We were also hoping that it wasn't bad news. Many scenarios were going through my head as the doctor gathered us for the update on Dylan. I held Mrs. Haines hand as the doctor looked at his clipboard before speaking.

"We did everything we could in the surgery on Dylan....."