Ch. *9*

this its in sam's, dylan's, and ashley's point of views.

Enjoy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SAM'S POV

I walked into Dylan and Ashley's dorm to find Ashley curled up on the floor still crying her eyes out. Poor Ashley. She looks so vulnerable. It breaks my heart to see her like this.

"Ashley? I'm here for you. What happened?" I said as I sat on the floor next to her.

She sat up and wiped her tear stained face with the back of her sleeve. She breathed in and out to calm herself down. I just sat there waiting patiently for her to speak.

"Dylan told me he liked me. This prank is low even for him. I told him he crossed the line and that he was full of crap," she explained as she stared down at her lap.

"What if he was actually telling you the truth?" I asked.

"It's Dylan for gods sake! When does he ever tell the truth?! I can't trust him. My family told me to never trust him," she said with tears ready to fall again.

"Trust me. He's telling you the truth. He likes you Ashley. It might even be love. I know because he told me. He couldn't confess how he felt until he realized he was going to lose you to another guy," I explained hoping Dylan would get the happy ending he wanted.

"You sound like you know him better than I do. That's funny because I've known him longer than you have," she said laughing.

I looked away from her to stare at the wall behind her. A part of me wants to tell her that Dylan is my cousin but the other part thinks it's best to keep my mouth shut. I hate lies. I'll feel so much better if I just tell the truth. She'll probably yell at me but at least I won't be hiding anything from her anymore.

"Sam? Are you okay?" she said bringing me back from my thoughts.

"Um Ashley? It's time to be honest with you. I'll completely understand if you hate me because I kept this secret from you for a long time now," I said looking at her again.

"Oh okay. What's the secret?" she asked almost sounding like she's afraid to know.

"Dylan and I are um related. We're cousins. I thought it was best to not tell you since you hated Dylan so much. I didn't want to lose you as a friend. I'm sorry for not telling you when we first met," I explained to her.

"You lied to me?! What the hell Sam?! Real friends don't lie to each other! I would have never dropped you as a friend if you told me the truth at the beginning! I would have thought you weren't like Dylan! Now I can see the family resemblance! You're both liars!" she yelled at me before crying again. 

"Ashley I'm sorry. I may have lied to you and I know it was wrong but Dylan really does like you," I said almost wanting to cry myself.

"Get out!" she yelled.

"What? No. Please just listen to me. Dylan likes you. Give him a chance. When you rejected him I'm sure it broke his heart and he'll never get over it," I said hoping she would give him a chance.

"I said get out!" she yelled as she shoved me towards the door.

I kept begging her to give Dylan a chance but she refused to listen. She opened the door and shoved me into the empty hallway and then slammed the door shut. I guess I couldn't blame her. I mean I probably would have been pissed to have a friend keep a big secret from me and also have the one person I thought hated me all of the sudden tell me they interested in me, assuming it's a lie like everything else. There goes the only friend I ever had in years, well female friend anyway. I'm sorry Ashley for being a terrible friend.