Ch. *10*

dylan's and ashley's point of views in this one.

enjoy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DYLAN'S POV

"Damn it Holly! You were suppose to watch the hallway!" I yelled as we ran down the hall from my dorm room.

"Sorry. I was texting my boyfriend. He's coming to visit me by the way," she said as she ran beside me.

The reason why we're running is because Holly got this bright idea of me becoming Ashley's secret admirer. She believes if I secretly send her letters and poems that she'll have to believe me. I think otherwise but I'm desperate so I guess I have to take what I can get when it comes to ideas.

I was trying to finish writing a letter while Holly watched for Ashley. I figured that after what happened in Theatre Appreciation, she needed something to make her smile. As soon as I left the letter on the pillow I walked into the hallway to find Holly with her phone and Ashley only a few feet from our dorm. I had grabbed Holly and ran before Ashley had the chance to figure out who we were. So that's pretty much why we ran like our lives depended on it.

"So are you sure she hasn't figured out it's been you leaving stuff for her?" Holly asked as we walked into her dorm. Her brother was out so I didn't have to deal with him.

"I don't think so. She probably threw them away. I never see her read them and she doesn't mention them to me," I said as I sat on Holly's bed.

"She doesn't throw them away. She probably keeps them in a safe place. Is she giving you the cold shoulder still? You'd think she'd get over it. It's been a month since she last talked to you," she yelled from the bathroom.

It's true. It's been a month since I told Ashley that I liked her. She didn't believe me and that broke my heart. The only time I hear her voice is when she's talking to someone or she's answering a question in class. I wish we could go back to the way things were. I'd rather argue than not utter a word to each other. I hope Holly's idea is working because I'm just about to give up.

ASHLEY'S POV

It's really lonely when I eat lunch now. Dylan is always with Holly for some reason. Sam and Greg are doing their best to stay away from me. I don't blame them either. I'm a horrible person after all. For the past month I've realized how much I miss hanging out with everyone. I miss the stupid pranks and arguments that Dylan and I were always involved in. I miss watching Sam become shy and quiet when Greg was around. I miss everything about the only friends I had at this stupid University.

"Miss Malone! How many times will I have to ask you to pay attention?!" yelled Mr. Thompson. Don't know why but I always daydream the most in his class. Must be his boring voice.

"Sorry sir. It won't happen again," I said giving him my full attention. I've been apologizing to teachers all month. I'm either not paying attention or they get after me for failing a quiz. My 4.0 I got in high school is going down the drain.

"You keep saying that but I haven't seen you improve. If you won't pay attention then get out of my class. You're just wasting my time and energy. Another student that's ready to learn could be sitting in your seat right now," he said pointing to the door.

Wonderful. How am I going to explain to my parents about me getting kicked out of a class? I was lucky to get a seat in his class to begin with. He was one of the best professors at this college. Anyone who was looking for a interesting class wanted to take his class but like all classes at this college, it was first come first served. I was lucky to get the last seat.

"I understand sir. I'll be sure to drop your class so I won't be a bother anymore," I said as I gathered my stuff to leave his class. I could feel Dylan's eyes on my back.

"Since the semester is coming to an end, you won't get in another class. You still need to be here to take the exam in order to pass this class," he said looking down at his daily planner. Everyone in the class watched as I walked out the door.

I have a free hour now. I guess I can pass time in the cafeteria. It shouldn't be crowded since most students are in class. I could think about what class to replace Theatre Appreciation with while I'm there.

I spent thirty minutes in the cafeteria eating a bag of Doritos and drinking a Sprite. The entire time I couldn't come up with a blow off class to replace Theatre Appreciation. I'll have to look up the classes on the computer.

I threw away my trash and headed for my dorm. I took my time since I was in no hurry to get there. As I got closer I noticed a girl standing near my dorm. I then saw a guy walk out and then glanced my way before grabbing the girl and running away. If I didn't know better, I'd think it was Dylan and Holly that were running away.

I went into my dorm to find a piece a paper on my bed. I've been getting these a lot. I guess the culprit was Dylan but I shouldn't be surprised since I don't really interact with anyone here. I've begun to actually enjoy reading the notes. In fact I get excited when I see a note with my name on it. I know Holly has to be helping him because I doubt he has any romantic bones in his body. I just can't bring myself to confront him because I feel horrible for accusing him of being a liar. After reading the notes I realized that everything he told me that day was true. I don't deserve his confession after how I treated him

I picked up the note and opened it to see what he wrote this time before putting it in the little box under my bed.

To the girl I see everywhere,

If I could do one thing for you I would hold you till you knew everything was ok. 

If you could do one thing for me, I would never ask but all I would want is for you to talk to me.

A tear fell on the note as soon as I finished reading the last words. No guy has put this much effort for me. If all the notes didn't already convince me how he felt about me, this would have done it. I had to talk to him. I needed to tell him how much I loved these notes. I also wanted to tell him that I didn't deserve the attention he was giving me. He deserved someone better than me.

I suddenly felt a arm around me. They injected something in me and I suddenly felt very sleepy. In a matter of minutes I fell asleep but not before I saw who did this to me.

Victor.