Chapter 25

Zarah's POV

The sky was starting to turn dark. The sun had disappeared and the moon was ready to make its appearance. The light of the sun only goes away to give the moon it's moment to shine.

The darkness that comes with the disappearance of the sun is the only way that the moon can show its own type of light and beauty.

I think nature's trying to teach us a lesson here. Whenever you feel like everything's not going okay, just know that there is always that light that'll come soon. The one that'll make everything brighter. The one that will show you the importance of being in the dark for a little while.

The light at the end of the tunnel.

Ayyan refused to call back anyone and also 'ordered' me not to do so. I had huffed and complained.

Reminding me that what I was doing was childish and not needed at the moment, I had ignored him completely. He also chose to ignore me.

'Way to act mature!' I thought sarcastically.

"I heard that." I continued ignoring him.

You're not exactly acting mature either. My conscience taunted me.

I chose to ignore it too. Immature, I know.

I had to admit; it did stung my heart when he said those words. Acting immature was the only way to ease the pain.

Pathetic.

Finally reaching the mansion, we went to the main building not ours to find out what's wrong. Ayyan should've just called them like any other 'normal' person would but he chose not to.

We finally spotted Aysha running towards us.

"You guys," Aysha breathed and gave me a hug, "We've been looking for you since morning."

"Why? What's wrong?" Ayyan beat me to it. I was going to ask her the same questions but he voiced his thoughts first.

Aysha gently pulled Ayyan to the side, not farther away from where I was. Tiptoeing, she whispered some words into his ears. He seemed tense as he replied with a few words of his own.

All this whispering is making me suspicious and curious. The last thing anyone would want right now is a curious Zarah.

The conversation was outside my earshot, therefore I couldn't hear nor apprehend a single word they were saying.

Whatever they exchanged was pretty intense from my observation, though I pretended to be admiring the scenery. Ayyan's mood was suddenly dampened.

"Let's go," He grunted.

This guy needs to learn not to direct his anger at me. Did I do anything wrong? No. Anger issues. Nonetheless, I followed him in, ignoring him as I was doing before.

I was dying to ask him what was going on but I couldn't. We were still on 'ignoring' terms. Childish. You could say that. But I wasn't about to give in.

One thing I was willing to admit; I missed his warm touch. The way his warm hands cool down mine was soothing in a way. It calmed my erratic nerves.

Passing the extra-long and not needed hallway, we entered what appeared to be a huge living room filled with people. I later recognized those people as my in-laws.

"Where have you two been?" Momma was the first to notice us. "You missed breakfast, weren't seen at your side and refused to answer calls." She was pretty upset and I don't exactly blame her.