Chapter 23

This chapter is dedicated to all the victims who suffered or died because of terrorists attack. You'll forever be in our hearts. ❤️

Zarah's POV

"Zarah, wake up. It's time for breakfast," a voice that sounded like Ayyan's kept saying.

"No, I don't want to wake up." I replied. Why was he trying to ruin my precious, precious sleep?

"You have left me no other choice." I was suddenly aware that I was being carried. How in the world was he even carrying me? I was pretty sure I was heavy.

"We'll be late for breakfast. And it's going to be your fault. Again." He put me down inside the bathroom. I huffed giving him my best glare, to which he chuckled.

To make matters worse, he took a cup, filled it with water and poured it on my face. I was fuming. I was pretty sure smoke was coming out of my ears. No one ruins my beauty sleep and face at the same day. Impossible.

He stood there smirking.

Sexy, I thought.

No, no that was bad. You should be angry. Snatching the cup from his hand, I filled it with water and poured it on his face. He was shocked. Ha! In his face, literally.

"This is war, banana." Do I look like a freaking banana to him?

You like the name.

I was going to respond but I was being carried. Again. He threw me on his shoulder. Wait, what the hell? What is he planning on doing?

"Where are you taking me to?"

He neither answered the question nor did he put me down. Rude much. We left the bathroom, the bedroom, went down the stairs and passed the living room.

Mind you, I didn't stop disturbing him to put me down all this while. He completely ignored me. Not surprised. Nope. Not at all.

A swimming pool.

So this is where he wanted to take me to. How sweet. Oh no! Realization hit me. He wants to throw me into the pool.

"Ayyan, please I'm sorry," I begged him.

"Please."

"Pretty please."

"Pretty please with a banana on top." I heard his chuckle. I couldn't help but laugh too.

"So, are you gonna put me down?" I was hoping he would say yes but I wasn't surprised with his answer either.

"Nope." He made sure that the 'p' was popped.

Standing at the edge of the swimming pool, my so called husband who should care for me, threw me into the pool mercilessly. Thank God I could swim. He could've killed me.

He actually stood there and laughed at me. A genuine laugh. I haven't seen that in a long time, and God, I missed it so much. I gave him an evil smile as a plan formed in my head.

Time for revenge.

Stepping out of the pool, I looked down and realized that my short night dress was clinging to my body.