Chapter 19

Zarah's POV

The storm ended to give birth to a bright and sunny day. According to the weather forecast on TV, we should be expecting another storm tonight. It was one of the miracles of life.

A storm will end to give birth to a bright day.

Anytime I was facing a difficulty in life, I would think of this. But the thing that scared me was the bright day could give birth to a storm, too.

My life had been like the bright day for a long while. I was afraid it would turn into a storm soon.

The night was long and frightening to some but to me it was one of the shortest night of my life. It ended way sooner than I expected. Maybe, it was because of him.

Alhamdullilah, the guests were gone now. They were quite nice, and I would love to meet them again some time soon before they go back to their country. Ayyan went to drop them off and would go to work from there. They hired a cab yesterday and he offered to drop them off today.

Yesterday was amazing. Me and Ayyan really bonded. I got to know a lot about him. He was actually nice once you get to know him. 'The real Ayyan' was a very interesting person. But, something mysterious was going on with him, and I would be damned if I don't find out what it was.

The thing that shocked me the most was his display of affection. I was in the kitchen, humming his tune and bobbing my head. Suddenly, someone hugged me from behind. I couldn't believe my eyes when I turned around and saw Ayyan. I didn't know how but it turned into a bear hug. His cologne was amazing.

We stayed like that until Waleed and Yusrah caught us hugging. I immediately let him go but he refused to let me go. I was now blushing real hard.

"You guys are so cute, MashaAllah. Waleed you should learn from Ayyan, see how he's hugging his wife and helping her make breakfast. You never do that with me." Yusrah smacked the back of his head lightly while he moaned in fake pain.

While they were fake-fighting, Ayyan managed to peck my cheek leaving me dazed and wanting more.

I decided to call Aysha and tell her what happened yesterday. I was about to tell her that something suspicious was going on with Ayyan and I also noticed a hidden door in his library. But something made me stop. I didn't know what it was, maybe it was a gut feeling. I ignored the feeling but still didn't tell her. My heart was telling me to go and check the hidden room out but I didn't. I couldn't betray Ayyan now, not when he was starting to trust me.

I spent the rest of my time watching TV and reading the other half of my novel. I cooked briyani; an Indian food for dinner. The time was 9:30pm but Ayyan was still not back. I wanted to call him but I didn't have his number. I waited till 11 o'clock but he still wasn't back. I was getting more worried with each passing second.

***

By the time the door bell rang around 5:36 a.m, I was a mess. Maybe he got caught up in an accident. Why didn't I collect his number? What if something bad happened? My eyes were red and puffy. I didn't want him to die when I just started to have feelings for him.

Ayyan came inside with another man.

"Hey Zarah." He was nervously laughing. He even had the guts to laugh after I just finished crying for him. "Suleiman, please go upstairs and enter the second room on the left. I need to sort out something first." I heard him telling the other guy he came in with. When the guy left, he came to where I was, hugged me and gave me a kiss on the forehead. "I am sorry."

***

Done!

~R.