Our Song (30)

When I opened my eyes that morning, I looked to my left to see that Blake was still asleep. I then looked over at the clock to my right to see that it was ten fifteen in the morning. I turned back around to go back to sleep, but then realized what I was supposed to be doing right then.

I jumped up from the bed, shaking Blake awake as quickly as he could. He sat up, looking at me as if I was insane, and he didn't seem to understand why I was freaking out until I nearly shouted, "If we don't get up right now, we're going to be late to my sister's wedding!"

This made him jump out of bed as well, and we spent the next fifteen minutes getting ready as quickly as we could. It was easy for Blake, since he didn't have to do his hair or put makeup on. Putting my dress on was the easiest part for me, but then I had to make sure I didn't look like a total mess everywhere else.

"I can't believe I forgot to set an alarm," I gulped as I quickly curled my hair as fast as the curling iron would let me. My makeup wasn't that hard to do, even though I did have to restart once after I accidentally smeared the mascara almost all over my face.

Everyone was probably already had the church, but I highly doubt anyone really noticed that we weren't there yet. I just hoped we'd get there before the ceremony actually started at eleven. If we didn't, not only was I going to be killed by my parents, but I also was never going to forgive myself.

Once I was finally finished, I unplugged the curling iron and dashed to the door. I picked up my heels and didn't even put them on as Blake and I rushed out of the apartment and down the stairs to his car.

"I'm so glad you have a car now so we didn't have to call for a taxi," I sighed as Blake and I both got into his car. "At this rate, we're both going to make it with time to spare. We were supposed to be there at ten thirty, but we'll get there by ten forty-five. It won't be that big of a deal... We'll just tell them we got stuck in traffic or something."

Blake drove as fast as he could without getting pulled over all the way to the church, and we were able to get there fifteen minutes before the ceremony started. We had to park blocks away from the church though, so we had to run all the way there while I was in heels, holding up my dress.

"They better be together forever," I huffed as we made our way into the church. "Because if I did this for nothing, I'm going to kill both of them."

Blake didn't even seem out of breath in the slightest, and I couldn't help but feel jealous over that. I just hoped I wasn't sweating off all my makeup that I had to speed through...

"How nice of you to finally join us, Leah," my mother snapped at me as she suddenly came out from Morgan's dressing room, and I was way too out of breath from running to say anything back to her. "Could you please try not to make today about you? It's your sister's wedding day, for God's sake."

This made me feel really horrible. It was her wedding day, and I had no right taking any of the attention off of her. A lot of things had been about me lately, and Morgan had always stood by my side for them. It was about time that I stood by her side now.

"And I see you brought your... friend," my mother observed now, looking Blake up and down only once. "How... nice. You know, Sean and Cassie are around here somewhere, and so are Derrick and Leslie. Maybe you should go and find them."

She turned around then, her nose in the air as she walked off. All I could do was stand there and watch her go, not believing she was being so rude in front of Blake.

"Your mom really does hate me," Blake sighed, crossing his arms over his chest now as he turned fully toward me.

I couldn't even deny it, because even I knew that it was true. I wanted to say that she didn't hate him, she was just in a bad mood, but I really did think my mother hated Blake all because he wasn't Sean. Oh, not to mention his schizophrenia as well...