Our Song (12)

"No," I rejected, shaking my head at Cassie, who would have been begging on her knees if she wasn't driving.

"Please, Leah?" she pleaded, and she looked like she was going to reach out to try to shake me. "I really want to go, but I don't want to go alone! And you know Leslie won't go unless you do, too!"

She did have a point, but I didn't want to go to some party that someone I didn't even know was throwing. I didn't like going to parties, and Cassie knew this but still tried to get me to go.

"No," I said again, trying to scoot away from her so she wouldn't grab onto my shoulders and try to shake some sense into me.

"But..." She looked at me with wide eyes. She looked like she was about to cry. I bit the inside of my lip, cursing her in my mind. She knew I didn't like it when she cried. This was so unfair. "I don't want to go alone! And anyway, Leah, Sean's going to be there!"

"That's not helping your case." I scowled, looking in the backseat to see Leslie reading as usual. "I don't want to go to some party with people I barely know to go see a guy that I'm not even interested in."

Cassie made a pouting face. "Please, Leah? For me?"

If she was smart, she would have just driven to wherever the party was and I wouldn't have had any say in the matter. I wouldn't have been able to sit in the car by myself for hours without anything to do.

Tears still filled up Cassie's eyes, and I felt myself starting to crack. I really hated it whenever any of my friends cried, even if it wasn't my fault. And I was also sure that if I didn't go to this for her, she'd call my mom and I'd get in trouble for not hanging out with friends she approved of.

"Fine," I finally gave in, letting out a frustrated sigh. "I don't even care anymore."

"Yay!" my best friend exclaimed, letting go of the wheel. I was going to scream at her, but she quickly grabbed onto it before we could crash. "Thank you, Leah!"

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, whatever."

It was only silent in the car for about six seconds until Cassie announced, "We're here!"

I felt like hitting my head against the car door as hard as I could. Had she been driving us around aimlessly in the dark, waiting for me to finally give in so we would go to the stupid party? She had to have been!

But we weren't in front of a house, like I thought we would be. We were driving through an apartment complex, and apartment complex that was very familiar, even in the dark.

I blinked up at the apartments as we passed each one of them. "These are the apartments that..."

"What?" Cassie asked when I trailed off, looking at me with furrowed eyebrows. "What did you say, Leah?"

"Nothing," I excused, shaking my head and forcing out a smile. "I didn't say anything."

I looked back up at the apartments, not believing that we actually in the apartments that Blake lived in. How close did he live to the person having the party?

Cassie finally parked, and I didn't know if it was a guest space or if it belonged to someone who actually lived in the apartments. Cassie either didn't notice or didn't care, but I knew she'd care later if her car got towed.

Leslie, who was pretty ticked off that Cassie forced her to leave her book in the car, followed me as I walked behind Cassie, who was leading us to one of the apartments on the first floor. I could already hear the blaring music coming from the apartment, and I couldn't help but be reminded of Blake.

Cassie opened the door to the apartment without even knocking, making her way inside and practically having to force me inside. I really didn't like that the door was unlocked so pretty much anyone could have come inside.