Chapter Sixteen: Revelations

~Mileena POV~

Li Mei assists me out of the arena. I see Smoke next to Kung Lao, both of them eyeing me as we exit the place. I could not possibly stand there and feel defeat come across me. We go to the back of the building, where no one really ventures.

"I did my best in sparing Kung Lao's life; however father is not pleased. He expected me to kill every warrior I engaged in kombat with," I say.

"Well what can he do, you are out of the tournament anyway," Li Mei replies, making a valid point.

Smoke appears in front of us with Kung Lao at his side.

"Are you alright Mileena?" Smoke questions, coming face to face with me.

"Yes, I did not care much for this damned tournament to begin with," I say as he peers downward at me.

Kung Lao appears the same as he did before our fight, and he seems to have stopped bleeding.

"Seems you are back to your normal state," I say to Kung Lao.

"Yes, master Raiden restored me."

"That is rather impressive," Li Mei adds.

"Well, I must return, today father shall be informed of Kitana's treachery," I announce.

"Then let us be on our way," Li Mei adds.

We head back around the building, going inside. I have not seen Rain as of late, he must be running an Outworld errand for father. As we make our way through the crowd, I notice Kitana in the ring with the man in black and red robes. Her sapphire plated fans are drawn, and she attempts to throw one at him. She misses, and he gives her a quick uppercut, making her lose balance. He then advances to her and flips her onto her back.

There is no way he could defeat her with that much ease, she must be letting him take her victory. But no matter, she is all mine now.

"Finish her!" father seems even angrier at Kitana's loss.

"No," he states simply as he walks over and offers Kitana his hand.

She takes it and gets back to her feet to face father. His eyes hold more rage then I before I feast on my prey.

"Liu Kang, you have advanced to final battle. The portal shall take you to the tower tomorrow to face...me," Shang Tsung announces.

Liu Kang gives no reply; he just bows his head, and then steps off of the arena to stand with the Thunder God.

"Anyone who wishes to spectate is welcome, other than that you are all dismissed. The portal opens at noon," the Thunder God pronounces, causing commotion to break out.

All the warriors and spectators begin to leave the building, as well as Li Mei Smoke and Kung Lao. I go to follow.

"MILEENA!" I hear father shout.

I pause. Smoke turns around as well as Li Mei with worried eyes. However, I signal them to just go on without me and I turn around slowly. Kitana is still in the arena facing me, and father is eyeing me with murderous eyes. I stand there a moment as everyone but father, Shang Tsung, Kitana and I exit.

***

The building has become empty, and the anger seeping from father becomes thicker. I advance to father along with Kitana.

"Father, there is-"

"SILENCE!" he practically screams at me.

I pause, not saying another word.

"So, the so called champion of Mortal Kombat, who might I remind you is a MORTAL HIMSELF, managed to defeat BOTH of MY DAUGHTERS?!" he booms.

I peer over at Kitana who puts her head down in shame. She may be misleading to him, but she cannot mislead a deceptionist such as me. Maybe if father would listen to me for once he would know of her treachery as well. He is so blinded!