Chapter Ten: The Road to Earth Realm

"I should have told you much sooner," Rain says.

He and I have been talking and lying near the stream for what feels like hours. I lean on his chest. He peers down at me in contentment. I never felt so relieved to have someone finally recognize me over Kitana. However, things like this I particualrly enjoy taking advantage of.

"It's okay," I say quietly.

I listen to the sound of distant town commotion, as well as the water from the stream travel lightly. We sit in silence for a moment. His chest slightly moves up and down as he breathes in and out. I close my eyes slowly, watching as my surroundings go dark due to my eyelids. Oh how I long to rule Outworld with my sisters head as a trophy.

"It is almost sunset..." I say, knowing what lies ahead.

He looks downward at me.

"You will succeed. Do not over-think it," he convinces me.

I smile upward at Rain and climb on top of him. My hands rest near both of his shoulders as I gaze into his eyes with lust written on my face.

"Yes, I will," I say seductively.

Rain moves his hands to my hips, rubbing them sensually. I was never shy around Rain, he was always my friend. Now that he is more than that, I feel more alive when I am near him. I place my hands onto his, keeping them on my body, and make them advance to my breasts. He grips them, and then brings me closer. Rain begins kissing my neck, causing me to giggle a bit.

Seduction is a wonderful thing. He then lifts me up, placing me on my back while getting on top of me. I wrap my legs around him as he kisses me down to the middle of my chest. It slightly tickles so I let out a small laugh. He stops then looks up at me with a smile.

"What's so funny," he asks joyfully.

I pull him closer onto me, closing any slight space that might have still been between us.

He came face to face with me as I reply "Don't worry about it water boy," in a joking tone.

"Oh really?" he lets out a laugh then looks at the sky.

"Dammit..." he states, still looking upward.

"What?" I ask wondering what was going through his head.

"We must go, the kombat gong will sound any moment now," he faces me again.

I see that it is sundown, and it will soon be night. He stands and offers me his hand. I take it, and he assists me in getting back to my feet. He holds my hand as he leads me back the way we came, exiting the only garden I had ever seen in Outworld. I believe it its safe to say I now have him under my control.

We walk through the gate, proceeding through the city. The crowd is a lot less dense then what it was before. The closer it gets to night, the more people stay out of sight. The turmoil here has already begun, for we pass by people with swords and axes that run around the city. When they see Rain and I walking hand in hand, they run in the other direction or simply stare at us in awe. They are probably wondering why the emperor's daughter is not at the tournament.

"Here we go," I say slightly irritated as we continue walking back.

This so called "grand battle" is just wasting minutes I could be using to devour Kitana.

"Just win this and get it over with," he says.

We walk past the market stands we had passed earlier. Hiroto is no longer working, but something tells me he will be back tomorrow. He is most likely avoiding death like the other civilians. As we walk, Rain grows a little quiet, so I inch closer to him and grip his hand tighter. He looks down at me with a now hidden smile as we approach the tournament building's door. As soon as he put his hand outward to open the door, the kombat gong sounds.