Chapter Four: Round One

I walk back to my room after a long duration of standing next to father on his throne and observing everyone feast. The night is now here, and the full orange moon shines through each window throughout the building. Blue flames engulf every corridor, reflecting in the decorative silver from the walls and floors. Several other warriors fill the halls and each staircase, all retreating back to their rooms for the night. My night is not over just yet however. I tail Kitana back to her quarters, making sure she isn't up to anything as father instructed. I stealthily watch her go into her room without a word to anyone before I decide to head back to my own quarters.

I venture up the stairs to the third floor and turn right which leads to my headquarters. As I calmly walk, I listen to the sound of my feet with each step. I see warriors enter rooms which share the same corridor as mine. The hall then empties itself, and grows quiet. I arrive at my door and twist the handle.

"You know from the looks of your allies, you may be the only hope for Outworld," I hear, and I instantly turn to face the gray ninja who is leaning against his door which is across from my own. "Or not," he smirks under his mask while facing me.

The nerve of this Earthrealm scum almost amuses me.

"I have no allies. And from the looks of your forces, I would not doubt if we were to win this damned tournament tomorrow," I respond with a cold tone.

"No allies? What a shame," he sighs and faces downward a moment, then back to me. "Even if you win this tournament, our 'forces' will not let your 'forces' simply take Earthrealm, you will have to fight even more for it," he explains with a stern, yet soft voice as if he isn't even slightly worried his realm would perish.

I smile at this, and giggle a bit. He speaks as if we are not superior to Earthrealm's pointless cause. I advance towards him swaying my hips, coming eye to eye with him.

"And on that day, I shall enjoy every moment as your little realm burns, along with your realm's innocent, fragile people," I murmur in an alluring voice as I place my hand on his chest and move it slowly to his face. "I'll also be sure to murder everyone you know myself," I add.

Manipulation is my favorite method; it is a thrill and gets into my prey's mind.

He peers down at me with inquiring eyes, and then grabs my hand, locking his fingers in mine as he says in a dim voice, "Do your worst."

The words echo in my head, for I did not expect that. Not many use mind tricks like me, especially a mortal. A rush travels down my spine like a bullet. It is a feeling much too indescribable to put in words that comes over me. I pull away, taking a step back.

"You will regret your choice of words, just as your allies will regret their hopeless resistance in this tournament," I harshly speak, and then turn back to my door, opening it.

I step inside and face the gray ninja once more who is still pinned to his door, watching me.

"Goodnight to you as well Miss Outworld," he has a trace of amusement in his voice.

I grunt at him, slamming my door behind me. He's equally annoying as that wench Kitana. If I ever face him in this tournament, I will be sure to quell him. Though, I doubt he will make it as far as I.

I walk and come to a rest on the side of my cot. I let my hair down and finally remove my veil, letting my identity feel at ease for a moment. I lie down, placing it under my blue silk pillow. I stare at the ceiling as echoes of silence fill the room, along with the moonlight. I sit and wait for the sun to rise, like most nights. I do not require sleep like the average being, I can go weeks without it and have no negative effects. Though, it can be quite energy draining eventually.