Chapter 10

I really hope you like this chapter, it's really special ;)

After talking to Sophie about what she had in mind, her daughter rapidly went into action. In the meantime Donna watched Donny along with Tanya and Rosie. The three sat in the couryard in a table with various bridal and wedding magazines planning Rosie's big day. Donny sat beside Donna in his baby stool playing with his toys.

"What about something like this?" Donna said to Rosie as she showed her a venue idea.

"I like it but Bill would like something simpler. I've tried to convince him to do a theme, I'm getting close but not yet" she said giving a small laugh. Rosie grabbed another magazine that had a wedding dress on the cover. The title catched Donna's eyes and made her tremble once she looked at it.

"Did you bring that magazine from the mainland?" Donna asked serious "As I recall we don't have it here and that is not for brides"

"It's a wedding issue the editor recently released, how convenient huh. You do have it, Ruby ordered it a year ago. You know, you look like her" Rosie said, Donna rolled her eyes. 'Of course' she thought to herself, in that moment Ruby walked in and towards them.

"Hi girls, how's it going in here?" Ruby says smiling and caressing Donny's little head.

"I try mother to cut you some slack but it's almost impossible when you still keep reminding me all my life that I didn't turned out the way you expected me to" Donna said showing her the magazine.

Ruby pinched her nose and sighed "When are you gonna get over this?" She said, Tanya and Rosie gave each other questioning stares.

Donna's blood boiled "When our looks stop being an issue" she retorded

"Donna, you can't keep denying that you two are very much alike" Ruby said

Donna took a deep breath "We are not, the unfortunate fact that we look alike does not make us the same. Stop comparing us, we are nothing alike" she stood up "I don't want anything related to that self centered cold hearted bitch in my hotel" with that, Donna angrily walked away. Ruby growled and went after her.

"What was that?" Rosie asked Tanya, she shrugged her shoulders.

Ruby finally caught up to Donna and stopped her "Donna wait, I'm sorry Alright"

"Why do you keep doing this? Miranda doesn't even give you the time of day" Donna said

"Since I have been here even before you came, all I have ever want to is the family to be at least in good terms" Ruby told

"Sophie doesn't know, does she? Does dad?" Donna asked

"Not Sophie but your father does and..." Ruby started but Donna interrupted her

"And nothing mother, this issue is between me and Miranda. She made her own choices, If she decided to stop talking to you, that was her decision"

"Donna..."

"You and me have been doing so well on trying to build our relationship again. Don't ruin it and just leave it please" she said

"Ok fine" Ruby reluctantly said, they hugged.

"I'm gonna go look for Sam, I love you ok" Donna said, Ruby smiled and nodded.

Donna looked all over for Sam, she went to his cottage and found him reading some catalogs. He had his back to her, she took the opportunity to sneak her arms and wrapped them around his shoulders. Sam was startled at first but when she started to kiss on the cheek and down his neck he knew and relaxed.

"Hello there" Sam said in his deep voice, Donna rested her head on his shoulder and caressed his chest. She was quiet, Sam knew then something was bothering "What's wrong?" He asked while pulling her to look at him.

Donna sat on his lap and pressed her head against his so she was looking at him straight in the eyes "Just had a disagreement with mom but we worked it out. I don't really want to talk about it" Sam nodded and they kissed

"Sophie told me  what you wanted to do for her and you know your daughter is really determined. She managed to arrange it for tomorrow" Sam told her

"Oh that's great!! Sometimes my mother makes it really difficult to get along with but I really want to do this for her" Donna said

"That's good honey, you two are making progress" Sam said caressing her cheek, Doona leaned into him and kissed him again.

"Let's go for a walk then get ready for dinner with the others, I feel like I haven't paid much attention to my husband" she smiled and stood up

"You have to make up for two years of not paying attention to me" Sam joked as Donna dragged him out the door.

The two took a walk almost all over the island for almost two hours. They spent time with Harry, Tanya, Bill and Rosie for another hour and talked about the wedding. Donna wanted to watch Donny again so they spent the rest of the day with their grandson until dinner. Finally, the whole family ate together that night and had a good time. Thankfully, Ruby and Donna talked things out and now Donna was really excited to show her the surprise she had for her mother.

Don't forget to comment and vote!!! Did you spot the Easter egg?? Lol