Chapter 9

Hello lovelies!!! I am so sorry for the delay on the chapter, I was feeling awful and couldn't concentrate. It's been hard because of my studies too but I won't abandon you guys for so long ever again.

The girls arrived at the hotel after lunch, Donna had Sophie's arm tangled in one of her arms and her mother in the other side in the same way. As they were walking through the front door, Ruby saw Fernando working at the front desk and froze.

Donna rolled her eyes "Why do women in this family have to be so difficult when it comes to men?" She said to Sophie and got a giggle in response, then turned to Ruby "Mom, you got this. You have always been really tough, what is stopping you now?" They heard a loud thump, Fernando had roughly closed the book he was working on and leaning to the counter putting his hands on his head in frustration.

"That" Ruby said "I'm afraid he's still angry at me for running away"

"You won't find out if you don't talk to him" Sophie said

"Go" Donna said

"Will you come with me Honey Bee?" Ruby asked her, Donna was a little surprised but at the same time flattered. Sophie raised an eyebrow intrigued on hearing the childhood nickname. Donna slightly nudge her

"I will be right behind you, I promise" Donna said smiling

"I'm gonna go find Sky and Donny, good luck" Sophie kissed each of them on the cheek and walked away. Ruby walked towards the front desk, Donna close behind her.

"Fernando" Ruby called once they were close enough to hear. Fernando looked up instantly and his eyes beamed with relieve. He sprinted around the desk and embraced Ruby in a strong hug, she started crying in his arms. Donna watched the scene, her own eyes going crystal.

Fernando kissed his wife on the head and swayed her to try and calm her crying "Mi amor, I was so worried about you after you left. Sam told me Donna and Sophie went after you but I still worried about you three" He looked at Donna, reached his arm out as in gesturing her to come to him. Donna gave in and went to him resting gently in his arms.

Ruby looked up at him "you're not mad?" Donna smiled at her mother, she sounded like a little girl afraid to be told off.

Fernando hugged the girls and kissed Ruby on the lips "I was just concerned, this is a big island and I don't know where you are. That scares me to death and I can't live with myself if anything happens to you" she looked at her and then at Donna "To either of you" he said

Donna smiled at him, she turned to Ruby and said "Mom, is there something you want to talk to dad about??" Fernando's eyes seem like they were going to pop out of his head. He thought it was a dream, hearing Donna calling him dad is the best thing he ever heard. The two women laughed at his reaction "Get use to it, you're going to be hearing it from now on" she teased, Fernando kissed her on the head. Of course he was over the moon, hearing his daughter call him 'dad' for the first time.

"I don't know what to say, this deserves a toast" he said, mother and daughter giggled

"I could use a drink, let's go to the bar" Donna said, they all went together, orderes the drinks and made a toast.

"Are you finally going to tell me where you take your lunch breaks?" He asked Ruby, she sighed

"Not entirely" Ruby said nervously

"Mother..." Donna started saying but Ruby cut her in

"I know what I'm doing, relax" she said then looked at Fernando "I will tell you this, weeks after I first came, I started to look around the plaza thinking about a lot of things about my life. Most of my thoughts were about my family, meaning you, Donna, Sophie and Donny" she looked sweetly at them both "then about finding myself again, the person you fell in love with when we first met. Life presented me with an opportunity to do that and I like that it's mine. I'm not ready to tell you the whole story and I hope you understand that" he nodded "Good, because I want to keep doing it on my own but just like I've been doing it so far. Not inside the hotel where it makes me feel like I'm a prisoner. By doing what I do, I feel like me again and I love it because I'm not only doing it for me. You will understand whenever I'm ready"

"You know there is no shame in what you are doing mother" Donna interrupts, Ruby lowers her head embarrassed

She lifts it again and looks at her husband with crystalline eyes "I know you want to keep me safe but I want to feel free around the island, that's how I am. I hope you understand and respect that, I love you and I don't want to keep fighting about it" she said.

Fernando pulls Ruby over to his lap and after she sits, they emerge into a passionate kiss, Donna smiles at this. When the kiss broke, Fernando looks deep into Ruby's eyes before saying "I have two women in my life" he pauses and looks at Donna "now three" then back at Ruby "that I love with my entire life and there is nothing that I would not do to protect you in any way I can" he takes Ruby's hand and kisses it "I understand and respect you as a mother, as my wife but most of all as a person. I'm truly sorry if I made you feel like a prisoner which you are not but thank you for telling me where you are. Whenever you want to tell me the whole story, I'm gonna be always here to listen. Te amo and I don't like it when we fight either" she kissed him sweetly on the lips.

Donna was watching the heartwarming scene happy, right there she got an idea "I'll leave you two in your moment" she said standing up "I'm gonna go see what Sophie is doing, see if she let's me watch Donny. Then look for Tanya and Rosie to plan the wedding"

"Ok" they said and Donna walked away, as soon as she was far enough she turned around and saw them kissing again. Ruby smirked at Fernando, stood up and pulled him inside of the hotel. Donna chuckled and went to look for Sophie and her best friends.

Please don't forget to comment and vote!!! There will be a surprise hint on the next chapter for a little something I'm planning for when this story and the 'Goddess of pop' fantasy are done. Let's see if you can know what it is.