Chapter 11

Hey everyone!!! I hope you enjoy this chapter. I think I'm going to write 2 or 3 more chapters before the end comes. Xx

The next day Donna went to see her parents do their gig in the morning and she had to admit that it was beautiful. Sophie told her not to leave their side until the time came. Once they finished Fernando offered her to work at the front desk with him. Ruby  took the rounds in the couryard, patio and checked that the storage room was in order. Donna was helping Fernando fill out some paperwork, she noticed he was staring.

"Do I have something in my face?" She said to him nervously

"No, sorry it's just that I never thought I would be here with my daughter. It makes me so happy that I can have these moments with you and Ruby" he said, she blushed.

"Well I never thought I'd have my father in my life. Even less working for me" Donna said with a slight smile "Now the hotel has really turned into a family business" she teased

Fernando chuckled, he took her hand "I know we don't know much about each other but from what I've seen, I can tell that you are a real hard working woman. I'm really proud of you for that"

Donna's eyes sparkled, she got closer to him and gave him a one arm hug then rested her head on his shoulder "Must have gotten it from you then" she looked at him "In the little time I have spent with you, I have seen you take care of everything around you. Helping in whatever you can so we can all turn out ok. That inspires me to work harder for my family, to keep trying to be in better terms with mom" she paused and looked down "even if I'm really stubborn and make it harder. After all, I was gone for two years"

Fernando grabbed her face and made her look at him "you get your stubbornness from her so don't feel bad for that, you are both trying" they smiled and laughed slightly "Everything you've said means so much to me as a father. All I have ever wanted was to have a family with the woman I love. Now that I have it, all that matters is that you are all safe. That's why I keep all eyes on you but I understand when Ruby says I can't keep neither of you in here"

"I know, still thank you for protecting us and for loving her" Donna said, Fernando kissed her on the head. Right there, Ruby came to them and smiled at the sight.

"I like what I'm seeing" Ruby said, Donna gave a small laugh and hugged her father "Honey I'm going on my lunch break, you know now where I'm gonna be" Ruby said. As if on cue, Sophie popped on the front door mouthing that the surprise was here.

Donna rushed in front of Ruby before she could turn to the exit "Before you go mom, I was thinking that we could sing together" Ruby's heart started racing "Since we have been doing so well, what better way to improve our relationship than that. Remember the song we use to do when I was little? What do you think?"

Ruby was stunned by what Donna just said, she needed to go but singing with her daughter again was the highlight of her life "Uuhh of course I remember, it would be wonderful to sing with you"

"Dad would you play it in the piano? The sheets are already there" Donna said

"I would be glad to" Fernando said

The three went to the piano, Donna made sure her mother had her back to the front entrance so it would not spoil the surprise. Fernando started playing and Ruby started the song.

I’ve never felt this strong
I’m invincible, how could this go wrong?
No, here, here’s where we belong
I see a road ahead
I never thought I would dare to tread

Donna starts singing along with Ruby

Like an image passing by
My love, my life
In the mirror of your eyes
My love, my life
I can see it all so clearly
All I love so dearly
Images passing by
Like reflections of your mind
My love, my life
Are the words I try to find
My love, my life
But I know I don’t possess you
With all my heart, God bless you
You will be my love and my life
You’re my one and only

I held you close to me
Felt your heart beat
And I thought: I am free
Oh yes, and as one are we
In the now and beyond
Nothing and no one can break this bond.

Ruby stops singing her part to give the moment to Donna. She didn't expect to see Mila appear and stand between her and Donna and start singing with her daughter. That warmed her heart and made her look sweetly at the little girl and Donna. Fernando looked at them, he didn't know who the girl was but he saw how Ruby looked at her and made her tear up. He was happy to witness this and to be part of such magical moment between mother and daughter.

Like an image passing by
My love, my life
In the mirror of your eyes
My love, my life
I can see it all so clearly
All I love so dearly
Images passing by
Like reflections of your mind
My love, my life
Are the words I try to find
My love, my life
But I know I don’t possess you
With all my heart, God bless you
You are still my love and my life

Yes, I know I don’t possess you
With all my heart, God bless you
You are still my love and my life
You’re my one and only.

The guest that heard them clapped for the touching performance. Ruby kissed both Donna and Mila's heads and hugged them.

"Surprise!!" Donna said, Ruby smiled at her daughter and then at Mila

"How?" Ruby asked her

"I asked Sophie to pick her up, this is way nicer than the plaza and here you have a piano" Donna says

Ruby kneeled in front of Mila and pulled a strand of hair in the back of her ear. "What did you think?" Said the girl

"You gotta work on your breathing and you were a little pitchy" Ruby plainly said

"Mother" Donna said scolding her

"As your teacher, we'll work on it together. I'm really proud of you, you did good" Ruby said smiling at Mila and got giggle in response "Donna is right, we have the piano and it's easier for us" she stands up and Mila hugs her from her waist

"So this is what you do in the plaza, you teach this little girl to sing" Fernando said getting close to them.

"I do" Ruby says shyly "This is Mila, she is really sweet and very talented. I love being her singing teacher and I love the feeling of it. Sorry I didn't tell you but..."

"It's alright, you don't need to explain anything to me. I'm really proud of you for doing this and I'm glad that you wanted to tell me" they kiss

"Well sweetheart we have work to do, luckily I have another smaller piano that we can use in the courtyard so we don't disturb any of the guests. Can you stay with Donna while I go get it?" Ruby said to Mila, the girl agreed

"Your amazing, Te amo" Fernando said

"Te amo" Ruby replied, kissed him again and went to get the piano. She was happy that the weight of not telling her husband about Mila was off her shoulders. Fernando knew that it was important to her so it was ok with him that he knew the reason of Ruby being in the plaza. He respected and admired everything she did because he know Ruby had a good heart. Donna was so proud of Ruby for telling Fernando and not be afraid of admitting what she was doing. This was the kind of thing that reminded her that every mother would do anything to see their little girl happy, that is what she always does for Sophie. Donna was finally feeling at home since the day she returned and it was great.

Please don't forget to comment and vote!!!