Chapter Three: What the Hell?!

Hey hey hey! I'm uploading on Tuesday, just like I promised! I love you guys so much I'm blowing off homework to do this for you. It's all for you. You're welcome.

Okay, exciting news. I got a letter the other day inviting me to go study in Ireland, England, Wales and France next summer. Aww yeah. It's all because of the smarticle particles in mah brayn. So I've been stalking all the boys so (if I go) I can creep on their houses. If you have any info, send me a message. STALKERS UNITE!!!

So todays chapter is some what of a filler. Sorry. But next week will have some juicy chiz happenin up in here. Haha.

Dedication is for Moeleblanc. She be my science buddy/directioner buddy. When you're done this chapter, read her story, Forever and Always. Dooooooooo iiiiiiiiiiiiiit. Thanks! Okay, sorry for the ginormous A/N, I'll start the story now. Luff you guiez!!!

(ARIA'S MOMS POV)

I set the bacon and pancakes on the table just as I heard Aria clambering down the stairs. She came over to the table.

"What be the eats? Ooh, breakfast for dinner, my favorite!" she said, answering her own question. We each pulled out a chair and sat down to eat.

"Help yourself baby girl" I said "I'm not really that hungry" She looked at me for a second before answering.

"Okay then. Thanks Mama Bear" she finally answered with a smile. She's been so much happier ever since she started with Dr. Hupp. It's great to have my baby back again.

I helped myself to a pancake and a few strips of bacon. I lightly buttered the pancake and drizzled some syrup over it before cutting into it. It was still custardy, I could tell by looking at it.

"Crap. I still can't cook" I said with a laugh. Aria laughed along, silently agreeing with me. That's when I noticed it. That was the first time I'd heard that laugh in a very long time. Aria looked at me with concern.

"Mom, what's wrong?" she asked me, studying my face. I just shook my head.

"Nothing baby." I replied, cradling her face in my hands. I smiled through the tears, more elated than she could know. "Everything is perfect" She looked at me funny.

"Then why are you crying?" she asked me tentatively. I could see the concern in her eyes that just set me off even more. "Mom?" she asked, almost to the point of tears herself.

"It's just... that's the first time I've heard that laugh in a very long time. It's wonderful to hear it again." I said truthfully. She looked relieved and sank back into her seat.

"Oh, Mom. Don't scare me like that!" she said. I didn't mean to worry her. I was just so happy that my baby was getting better.

"Sorry" I said, sniffling and wiping my eyes. She looked at me and smiled.

"Don't be. I understand" she said. Hold it in this time Annette! Whatever you do, keep it in!

I managed to hold back my tears of joy and we finished our dinner mostly in silence. There was some small talk but not much. When we had cleaned everything up her phone beeped. She checked it and looked up at me.

"Mike wants to talk to me in the park. Can I go?" I looked at the clock and it was only about 5:30.

"Sure hon. But just don't be back too late" I said.

"I wont Mom, I promise" she told me as she grabbed her jacket and purse. She waved bye to me as she walked out the door. It hurt whenever she left. I always had this sinking feeling that she might not come back.

(ARIA'S POV)

I headed down the street towards the park, my purse slung over my shoulder and carrying my jacket. The park was only a few streets away, so there was no need to drive and waste gas. I wonder why Mike wanted to talk to me. He's been avoiding me ever since I blamed Elainas death on him.

As I approached the park I saw a dark figure hunched over on a bench. As I got closer I realized it was Mike. I skipped over and sat down next to him.

"Yo yo homeskillet, what's the happy haps?" I said cheerily. He looked upset about something, so I was trying to get a rise out of him. He just looked over at me and shook his head.

"You're not black Aria. It's sad when you try to be" he said, with a weak smile. I laughed.

"So why'd you call me here homeboy?" I asked, trying to keep the gangsta thing going. He rolled his eyes before answering.

"I wanna talk to you about something serious" he told me.

"Ooh, serious. Not my strong suit. But go ahead. I'll try to keep up" I said. He let out a long sigh before talking.

"Okay. So when me and Elaina got into that crash, I was so upset. I couldn't imagine life without her. It killed me. It still does. And ever since that day in school... when you got sent home... I've blamed it on myself" I swallowed hard.

"Listen Mike, I'm really sor-" I tried to say, but he cut me off.

"Let me finish. I'm glad you did it. Because even though nothing could ever replace her... It gave me a chance to accept it and move on. A chance to love someone else" he said, looking at me intently.

"Where is this going Mike? Because I'm sorry, but I don't really approve of you bouncing back from my dead best friend so quickly" He looked into my eyes for a second. And he smashed his lips against mine.

Smack!

I slapped him across the face. He pulled back, rubbing his cheek in pain.

"What the fuck Mike? Your girlfriend dies and 3 months later, you're all fucking better? And you just bounce back? To her BEST FRIEND?! What in the hell made you think I would want this?" I asked, fuming. If I was any madder there would be steam shooting out my ears.

"I-I'm sorry. You're just so much like her. I fell in love with you" he answered me. That wasn't good enough. Nothing would be good enough.

"I don't care if that fucked up scenario works in that tiny little brain of yours, but it doesn't to me. Even if I did love you back, which I don't, I would never in a million years do that to Elaina. You're just a selfish, slimy asshole, and I could care less if I never see you again" I said, turning and storming off. I looked up to the sky.

"I'm sorry Elaina"