Chapter 16

There was the sickening sound of an arrow piercing human skin and then a pain filled cry coming out of Tenn's mouth as he fell to the ground holding his shoulder, Violet was immediately beside him trying to stop the bleeding as best she could with only her hands.

Clementine reached for her knife but then realized that it wasn't on her, it was sitting on the picnic table behind Vernon, she cursed under her breath as she ran and flipped a table over, Violet had carried Tenn over to the graveyard and hid with him behind the wall, everyone else had taken cover.

"Vernon put the bow down, nobody else has to get hurt," Clementine called out from where she was hiding behind the picnic table.

"That's not an option any more Clementine." He called back with an evil grin.

"Then what is?" 

"How bout' I show you instead." He said as he made his way over to her.

Clementine realized that he was making his way over to her and snuck over to one of the barriers that they had built for when the raiders attacked. Her plan was to try and sneak past Vernon and grab her knife that was on the table behind him, but that plan went out the window when she heard Willy scream out of fear when Vernon turned around the corner and pointed the bow at him.

Clementine quickly jumped to her feet and sprinted to the table with her knife on it, Vernon noticed and turned and shot an arrow in her direction, it missed her head by a few centimeters.

"Come on Clementine, you gonna let me kill this boy or are you gonna come out and let me kill you," Vernon called at her, to which she stuck her hand up and flipped him off.

"Leave him alone, it's me you want not him" She called back after retraction her hand.

"Then stand up with your hands up and I'll let him go." He barked back.

Clementine contemplated this for a moment before tucking her knife back into its sheath, (I know there isn't really one there, but let's pretend there is), and slowly stood up with her hands above her head.

"Good, now slowly step out from behind that barrier." He ordered with another evil grin.

"Let him go first." She responded.

"Fine, since your so Hell bent on helping this little brat out." After he said that he threw Willy to the ground and then kicked him in the head, knocking him out.

Louis made a noise, catching Vernon's attention and turned around, seeing Louis trying to be sneaky, and failing, to move where he was hiding. Vernon manic smile grew as he made his way over to Louis with his bow drawn, ready to fire.

"Vernon!" Clementine yelled at him as he made his way over to Louis, he turned with that same manic grin on his face, but it quickly faded away as he saw what Clementine was going to do.

There stood Clementine, knife in hand, but it's the way that she was holding it that scared him, The blade part was in her hand, the sharp side facing Vernon, she was holding the knife at head leave ready to throw it.

"Clement-" Vernon was cut off by the knife wiping through the air and hitting him right between the eyes, effectively killing him and making sure he doesn't come back as a walker. He fell to his knees, dropping the bow, and then falling over completely.

"Damn, Clem, that was some serious skill," Louis said after a moment of silence of them just staring at the body.

Clementine didn't respond though, instead, she just nodded and then ran over to where Tenn, Violet, and Aasim were.

"How is he?" Clementine asked once she made it over.

"He still bleeding but not as badly," Violet responded from where she sat with her hands over Tenn's wound.