16

"Whatever happens here every soul standing before me, has been deserved place on the Dawn Treader." Caspian began, as the ship got ready to set sail into the cave.

All the men had there full attention on Caspian. There's eyes not breaking from their King in front of them.

"Together we traveled far. Together, we have undergone setbacks. Together, we will succeed us again. Now is not the time to meet your fear." Caspian spoke as a leader, but most importantly, as a friend. "Be brave. Never give up. Our world, Our lives - for Narnia depends on us. Think of the lost souls we can rescue."

I stared at him with admiration, with the spirit of fighting coursing through my veins.

"Think of Aslan." Caspian breathed out. "Think of Narnia."

"For Narnia!" Reep cheered and the men did also.

I looked up to the top of the ship and saw Eustace looking down at ya. Smiling to him, I looked lovingly to him - it felt strange having a dragon as your brother.

Caspian got down from the podium and walked over to Lucy, Edmund and I.

"I just wanted to say, if we do not make it-" I heard Caspian gulp, looking to Ed. "-whatever it is whatever happens, I consider you my brother."

"Me too." Ed smiled, hugging Caspian briefly.

"You have no sword" Caspian noticed, realising the sword he had, laid on Aslan's table.

"It was not mine" Edmund answered.

"Take this." Caspian offered as he handed Peters sword.

"But it is-" Ed began when Caspian cut him off

"-Peter would of wanted you too have it" Caspian smiled and turned to Lucy. "And you Lu, you are just like my sister and I could not more prouder to have you as my friend."

"I hope this isn't your way of saying goodbye." Lucy smiled weakly, hugging into Caspian. "There won't be a need to say goodbye."

"No-" He smiled and looked to me as he hugged Lucy. "-there is no need to say goodbye."

"I suppose we should leave you to talk to Liv" Edmund teased and I shook my head.

I leant up to Caspian, my hands going around the back of his head. Leaning up, I pressed my lips against his and began to kiss him. Pulling back, before things got too heated - I looked to him.

"Don't leave me." I whispered and pulled away, looking to my cousins - Ed was smirking and Lucy was grinning from ear to ear.

"Your majesty, we are now entering the cave" Drinian spoke as he came and stood beside us.

We began to enter the cave we all dreaded to enter. The cave that could manipulate all thoughts. It made me anxious and nervous; which caused me to feel nauseous.

"Don't be frightened" Caspian whispered and held onto my hand; rubbing his thumb against my hand.

The darkness from the cave, took over the light and destroyed it in seconds. I could not help but feel frightened - but knowing Caspian was there, made me feel more safe.

The darkness made all the men silent. The silence was deafening and it caused me to go insane. Then suddenly, fog covered us like a blanket yet it didn't have the protected feeling, like covers normally give you - it's like when I'm at home and I think I hear someone come in, I hide under my blanket. It isn't going to protect me, but it makes me feel safe. Instead of that feeling, it felt like we were becoming more and more vulnerable and susceptible to evil.

"Helene?" Gaels father spoke out into the fog - that's when I knew it had begun.

"We can see nothing Sire" Drinian spoke, as he sailed us deeper into the cave. "The fog is too thick."

I began to look around, which was when my attention was pulled onto Caspian holding tighter onto my hand.

"I am sorry I let you down Father." Caspian mumbled as he looked beside him. I pulled Caspian to focus on me.

"Caspian it isn't real." I breathed out, bringing my body closer to his.

Looking among the men, I saw Edmund fighting with the fog, I did not intervene before I saw him draw his sword out in anger.

"I need to help Ed" I let go of Caspian's hand and walked over to Edmund.

I put a hand on his arm gently; making sure he did attack my with his sword.

"Hey-" I caught his attention and he looked around. "-you ok?"

"Yeah" He breathed our and put his sword away.

"Stay away!" A voice yelled out; making me look around.

"Who said that?" Caspian asked; coming over to Ed and I.

"I don't know" I answered looking to all the men. "Is it coming from outside the ship?"

"Stay away!" He yelled again; making us all look over the side. The ship came to  stop and we shone a light on the mysterious man.

"Who is it?" I asked Caspian.

"I am not afraid of you."  The man screamed more blocking the light from his eyes.

"Who are you?" Caspian yelled back to him.

"Stay away!" The man aimed the sword at him.

"We're not leaving." Edmund said.

"You won't beat me." He yelled. This man seemed crazy, it looked as if he'd been here for years.

"His sword, Caspian." I said quickly with joy.

"Lord Rhoop?" Caspian grinned in relief, looking to the men. "We'll get him on board. fast."

Lord Rhoop got onto the ship. He swung his sword around, before grabbing my arm and pulling me against his chest. 

I knew he wouldn't hurt me.

"Stop, my Lord." Caspian spoke and slowly tried to walk forward; trying not to irritate the man.

Caspian's men game behind and held onto him, in order to restrain him.

"Get off me!" The man kicked, letting go of my arm and his sword. I rushed over to Caspian and held onto his arm; standing behind him slightly.

"We come not to do harm." Caspian said coming towards him. "I am your king. Caspian."

The man immediately stopped fighting and a panicked look struck over his face.

"My Lord." He panicked. " You should not have come. There is no escape. Quickly turn this ship before it is too late."

"We have the sword." Ed said "We can go."

Everyone suddenly felt relived that everything was over and peace would now be set all over Narnia. My heart filled with joy. But it was short lived, as my thoughts were interrupted by the Lord. 

"Do not think!" He yelled warning us. "Don't let it know your fears or they will use them against you."

"Oh no." Edmund gulped, looking to the ground.

I turned to Edmund.

"Edmund?" I said, slowly panicking inside. "What did you think?"

"Sorry." He sighed and ran to the side of the boat, which caused us all to follow after him.

We saw a figure of a animal diving under the sea. My heart stated to beat faster.

"What is that?" Lucy mumbled.

I looked at Caspian with fear in my eyes.

"It's too late!" The Lord spoke

This is it ...