17

His sudden confession left me speechless, i wasn't ready for that obviously.

"here have a glass of water" i told him as i give him a water and sat right across him.

"I can't Tae. find someone else."

Not because i don't like him back, i do.

It's just complicated.

"I won't find someone else."

Fuck his stubbornness.

"you don't understand-"

"no Min, you are the one who doesn't get it."

"get what? do you think by coming here and tell me that you like me in a middle of my tutor session with Jimin can makes me understand that you like me? it doesn't makes sense to me, it doesn't add up!"

"IT IS MAKES SENSE! I DON'T WANT TO LOSE YOU TO SOMEONE ELSE, WITH JIMIN BEING HERE AROUND YOU, IT'S AN OPENING EYES TO ME, I HATE SEEING YOU WITH SOMEONE ELSE."

that's the thing, he never lost me but he never has me.

"or are you just scared that you will lose the one true friend that understand you and love you secretly and unconditionally? you were fine before then, you didn't even bat an eye to me whenever i talk to another guy, because you know they won't be as daring as Jimin, that's not love Tae."

"it is, i just realized it now." i scoffed at him as he says that.

"really? if Jimin wasn't in the picture, will you even approach me? or you will just watch me from a far like you always did?"

"i-"

"i know Tae, i know that you've been watching me from a far all those years, and I'm fine with that, because i always hate attention, and you bring a lot of attention! what? love? that's bullshit, where were you when those fans of yours harassing me? busy giving them fan service? oh and what? pushing me away from your life?"

phew, i really snapped.

not just me, he does too.

"you don't know anything! i stay away from you because i can't bear of seeing you hurt because of me! they hurt you because you are my friend, that's why I'm staying away! after all isn't that what you want? you hate attention, and i brings a lot of attention, it ruins your peaceful life."

that's true i hate attention, but staying away from me? that's not staying away, it was him cutting me off his life.

"staying away? you cut me off your life! you changed your number, i tried to reach you out the whole summer, and then first day of sophomore year in high school, you saw me but you didn't even give me a smile, YOU ACT LIKE I WAS A STRANGER! do you know how painful it was? and now you want us to be together again? as in a couple? then what happens when your fans harass me again? you will leave me alone again! because that's what you do! you left me when i needed you the most, in the name of protecting me you left me. that's such bullshit."

i told him as i stood up from my seat, tears started to running down my cheeks after screaming at him, pouring my heart and emotions out.

"you left me once because of your fans, there is no guarantee that you won't do that again when things go south again."

as i was about to leave him in the living room, he pulled me to a hug.

"please, minmin I'm begging you, give me a second chance, i promise it won't happen again."

i can feel my shoulder got wet from his tears.

"let me go Tae." i told him but he doesn't even move.

he tightened his embrace.

"i can't, please i can't let you go again minmin, please i promised you."

God please give me strength.

"give me some time to think, and some space as well."

he then look at me with a teary eyes, it's so hard seeing him like this, i can't leave him like this.

"okay, I'll give you as much time you want but space? at least let me text you? or greet you in school? and can i still have lunch with you together?"

what a demanding person.

"a text and a simple greeting that's it."

he frowned at that.

"that or don't even talk to me."  i warned him as he then quickly nod at the deal we just made.

"oh and please stop harassing Jimin? he just wants to be friends and graduated with a decent GPA."

He then rolled his eyes and nod.

"fine."

"good, thank you."

"but what if he really wants to pursue you?!"

not this bullshit again.

"that's his human right that we can't violated."

"what?! are you saying that you are going to let him pursuing you?"

"All i'm saying is that i can't control how he feels towards me, if he has feelings for me, can i blame him for that? have you seen me? I'm amazing."

"but-"

"i never say anything about your fans having a romantic feelings toward you, even though they are harassing me."

That silenced him.

"okay, i will reject every single gifts and snacks they give me in the future, so if Jimin gives you gifts and snacks reject it!"

"nope, if it's chocolate milk i can't resist that."

i teased him as he gasped at my answer.

"I can give you as much chocolate milk you want, you can have the factory as well if you want!"

"Taehyung, calm down."

"Don't take any chocolate milk from other men! i mean it."

god damn, it's just a chocolate milk.

"FINE, NOW GO HOME."