Chapter Nine

Sheets rustled as the petite body moved onto his stomach, Allen groaned as the sunlight which seeped through his curtain shone directly on his eyelids. Just when he thought he was about to get a few more minutes of sleep his bedroom door was thrown open with much force that it bounced off the wall with a bang. Allen jackhammered on the bed, looking around wildly.

"Good morning my adorable nephew~." Neah sang bouncing into the room with a big joyous grin. He immediately scooped up a half asleep Allen In a bear hug and squeezed.
"Its feels like so long I haven't see you!."

"Uncle Neah. You saw me yesterday when I got back." He mumbled eyes drooping. Neah shook him lightly and Allen's eyes snapped open a bit but then began drooping back again.

"What has got you so tired?." The dark haired man asked looking down at the mop of white on his chest.
"You're always a hyperactive little shit whose mostly bouncing off walls."

Gee, nice description of me. Allen thought wearily.
"School..work..homework... Kanda."

Neah chuckled, hands petting the Snow white hair he adored so much.
"Maybe you should take the Day off, I'll call Jerry and tell him you can't make it."

"But.."

"No buts, you are working yourself to the bone. Rest for today it won't hurt anybody." His uncle soothed, and even though he had protests Allen could feel his eyes slipping close On him as he fell back into slumber.

Neah shook his head fondly seeing the boys head lob against his chest. He gently placed his nephew on the pillow, pulling the covers up to his chest and patting his head.
He turned towards the balcony and stepped out to see the blue haired vampire scribbling away on what looks Like both his and Allen's works sheets.

"Working hard?."

Kanda didn't even jump as he approached. Neah was very proud of him.
"Hn.. Just finishing up a few problems that gave him trouble.. " he muttered.
"I got up a few minutes before he did.. Thought I'll finish our work while he sleeps in.. He needs it."

His in law hummed in agreement.
"Staying for breakfast?."
Kanda gave him a small smirk.

"I'll be back before he  gets up. Miranda is making a protection charm for him. I'm gonna check on her." Neah nodded, watched as he packed everything away neatly before hoisting himself over the banister like some spy from an action movie.

Midday found Allen cleaning his room, well mostly complaining about cleaning his room, cleaning bits here and there and just naturally playing with the things he hasn't seen in a long while.

"Hey! " he exclaimed with a smile, pulling out a stuffed toy in the shape of a bat, ironic eh?.
"I've haven't seen you in a while."  He cooed, rubbing the doll along his cheek.

"Uh, are you getting any actual cleaning done?."

Allen whipped his head around to see to see his uncle Cross standing by his doorway with his arms crossed and a cigarette hanging from his lips.
"I am!." He huffed. "I just found black star!." He held the doll up proudly.

Cross snorted around his killer stick and shook his head in dismay.
"You were kinda clumsy as a kid."

"Oi!." Allen said offended and threw the doll against his uncle watching in disappointment as it bounced harmlessly off his chest.
"Well... That worked better in my head."

Cross picked up the doll, throwing it with perfect precision that it smacked Allen right in the middle of his forehead with enough force to send him on his back

"Just clean your room brat, lunch will be ready soon.. If your not down in a hour and a half I'm sending it up for you." And with that he left Allen staring at his ceiling and closed the door.