Chapter 19

A month later...

Hannah's POV

    I stand on the bridge of the Enterprise next to... my husband... I'm never gonna get used to that. We got married a few days ago. This is the beginning of the Enterprise's five-year voyage. I'm super excited. I get to go an awesome adventure with the love of my life.

    My dad stands on the bridge as well. He's... not quite as excited as I am. He still doesn't like space.

    "You'll be fine," I tell him.

    "Sure," he replies sarcastically.

    Jim soon enters onto the bridge.

    "Captain on zhe bridge," Pavel announces.

    Jim walks over to the Captain's chair where Sulu is sitting.

    "It's hard to get out of it once you've had a taste, isn't that right, Mr. Sulu?"

    "Captain does have a nice ring to it. The chair's all yours sir."

    "Mr. Scott," Jim asks over coms. "How's our core?"

    "Purring like a kitten, Captain. She's ready for a long journey."

    Jim walks over to dad.

    "Excellent. Come on Bones! It's gonna be fun."
    "Five years in space," dad groans. "God help me."

    He talks to other members of the crew. He then walks over to Pavel and me.

    "Mrs. Chekov," he says as I blush. "How are you and... your husband?"

I stare at him blankly for a moment. My brain hasn't registered what's happening.

"Oh!" I exclaim. "Yeah. That's me now, right. Uh huh..."

    I look back at my husband, who is snickering. I haven't quite gotten used to this. It almost feels weird to be Hannah Chekov now... but it also feels so right. I stare back at Pavel as we both smile.

    "Better than ever," I respond.

    "Spock."

    "Captain."

    "Where shall we go?"

    "As a mission of this duration has never been attempted, I defer to your good judgment, Captain."

    "Mr. Sulu," Jim says sitting in the Captain's chair. "Take us out."

    "Aye, Captain," Mr. Sulu responds as we go to warp and blast off to our next adventure.

————————————
Credit:

Song: Star Trek Main Theme by  Michael Giacchino

Video: Cine Eterno