Chapter 10

Pavel's POV

Hannah and I still hold each other after hearing the transmission. I know though that, as she would put it, we're not out of the woods yet. They will be able to turn their weapons back on and destroy us. Hannah looks up at me and pecks my lips.

"I have to go," she says.

"Why?" I ask. "Where are you going?"

I don't even know why I ask. I know she knows that this isn't over. She's going to so something about it.

"Look, I know Jim. He's got a plan to deal with this, and some of us are gonna have to go over there... Jim's gonna try to work with Khan. He needs to have someone with him he can trust."

"But Hannah," I say. "What if somezhing goes wrong? What if one time I can't do anyzhing? What if I'm not able to save you? I can't lose you..."

"You don't always have to save me," She says. "I'll be ok. This time, let me save you."

With this, she drapes her arms around my neck as I drape mine around her waist. She presses her lips to mine. I'm so scared, as I am every mission, that this will be the last time my lips feel hers. I savor this moment. Our lips move apart. I stare deep into her eyes. I want to stare into them the rest of my life. They are the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

"I love you," I tell her. "More zhan anyzhing."

"And I love you," she says.

I don't want to let her go, but she slowly moves away, looking back at me. My vision becomes blurred by tears as I watch her walk away. I watch her until she is no longer in view.

Please... please come back... please don't let anything go wrong...

Hannah's POV

I walk from engineering and find Spock and Jim. Spock is now walking towards the bridge as Jim walks towards medbay. He doesn't even ask why I'm here when I approach him.

"So," I say. "You're gonna try to work with Khan."

"How do you even-" he starts.

"Come on, Uncle Jim. I know you."

"Yes. I plan to work with Khan."

"Jim, you're gonna need someone over there who won't get killed in a fight."

"Hey! I can win a fight."

I simply raise my eyebrows at him.

"Ok... this is true," he admits.

"Plus," I add in. "I trust Khan about as far as I can throw him, so if this goes south, then we need a plan to deal with him."

"You want to come don't you?"

"Part of me does. Part of me doesn't. However, I think it's more of I need to come."

"You're dad already wants to kill me after what happened on Kronos. I don't know that I want to be killed by Bones today."

"Come on Jim. I can handle myself."
"Fine, Mini-Bones, fine. You're coming with me."

"Ok."

We walk into medbay. Dad looks rather aggravated that I am here because he knows if I'm here... there's a reason.

"Jim..." he says.

"It's fine, Bones," Jim replies. He then turns to Khan. "Tell me about that ship."

"Dreadnaught class. Two times the size, three times the speed. Advanced weaponry. Modified for minimal crew. Unlike most Federation vessels, it's built solely for combat."