Chapter 14

Three months later...

Pavel's POV

Three months have passed since Khan's attack. The academy is still rather shaken. Hannah and I turn 19 in a few months. Hannah and Bones decided that after everything that's happened, they are going back to Georgia for two weeks to visit their family... and I'm going with them.

We've been on the plane for several hours. Luckily, Hannah is no longer in a wheelchair and has quickly been able to regain most of the strength in her legs. Physical therapists still can't understand how she's recovered so quickly. Bones says she's just too stubborn to stay down. I believe him.

When we land at the airport, we are met by an older couple that walks over to us and hugs Hannah and Bones.

"Mamaw!" Hannah exclaims as she hugs the older woman. She then makes her way to the older man. "Pop!"

They both then hug Bones. The woman doesn't let go of him for a long time.

"Oh, Leonard," she says. "When we heard 'bout the attack, we didn't know what had happened. We were so worried."

"We're fine, Ma," he replies.

She then turns her attention to me.

"And you must be Pavel Chekov."

"Yes, ma'am."

"Of course you are. I recognize your voice from over the phone. I've spoken to you several times, and Hannah and Leonard have told me many stories. Hannah, how have you been dating this nice fella for almost two years and haven't brought him back here to meet us?"

"Probably cause she was busy hiding him from me for months," Bones laughs. Hannah jsut glares at him.

"Hey now. We ain't talking 'bout that right now," Hannah says.

We all laugh as we make our way to two old pickup trucks. Bones and his father put his luggage in the bed of one and get in as Hannah, her grandmother and I do the same in the other. We drive for an hour before reaching a beautiful farm. Hannah says it sits on about 100 acres. We reach a two-level house and get out. Hannah's grandmother takes us inside and directs us to our rooms.

Hannah's POV

I quickly unpack and get changed. I put on my old, grey t-shirt, faded blue jeans and a pair of semi-worn out boots. I walk over to Pavel's room and realize he has a bit of a problem. We have a revelation when Pavel is unpacking his suitcase that his clothes will not survive Georgia.

"Don't worry, dear," Mamaw tells him. "I still have some of Leonard's clothes from when he was young. They'll probably fit you."

She takes him into dad's room. Pavel comes out a few minutes later in an old white t-shirt, faded blue jeans and boots. I stare at him for a moment. To be honest... it's kinda hot. I just stare at him for a few moments as he walks over to me.

"And what might we be staring at?" He teases.

"It is so wrong that I think my boyfriend looks hot when he looks like a Georgia boy," I say referring to his quote from the ship several months ago.

He smiles at me. He then leans down and kisses me. We both soon begin to laugh.

"Lord have mercy," I hear dad groan. "I'm gonna ask the same question I ask on the Enterprise, are y'all done?"

"Son," Mamaw says. "Leave the poor boy alone and let him spend time with his girlfriend."

Dad turns and gives mamaw a strange look.

"And since when are you the one encouraging this?" Dad asks. "If I remember correctly, you were the one always bothering every one of my girlfriends."

"That was because I was mama, dear. In this case, I'm mamaw. Two totally different ball games."

I have to restrain myself from bursting out laughing. I'm loving this way too much. Dad walks back downstairs as mamaw walks over to us. She puts her hand in the air, and I give her a high five.

"That's my girl," she says as she continues to walk down the hallway.

"I love her," I tell Pavel laughing.

"I am starting to as well," he replies.