24

"Wherever I am, even if I'm dreaming

To me, it's only you

I'll swear upon the rest of my life

There won't be another you, you're my last"

I found my hoodie on an unused speaker backstage. I took it and quickly went back to my seat. I think Chenle saw me because he kept looking, raising his eyebrow every time. I shook my head with a smile, trying to gesture that I am fine. He gave me a funny look, which I gave back, and we ended up laughing. At least it wasn't his turn, or he'd mess up badly.

They ended the song with a sweet move, throwing flying kisses and hearts in the air. Chenle has never gotten cocky before until now, and it's the cutest thing ever! Winks here and there, Squeals from earlier justㅡ intensified a lot more! I think even my headphones aren't enough to block their deafening shrieks. The crowd's cheers slowly died down as everyone started whispering what was happening. They stood there, smiling. On the other hand, our colleagues started setting up tall stools behind them. One by one, they sat on the chairs provided and drank from their water bottles. What's happening?

"Hello, everyone! We are NCT Dream." Mark stood up and bowed, while the others followed. "I am Mark, their leader, and I want to say that we're very happy we performed our self-written song titled 'My First and Last'." Mark put his microphone down as he gestured for Jaemin to speak. Jaemin nodded and beamed a bright smile to all of usㅡ which, ahem, made some noses bleed here and there.

"Do you need medical assistance, Yuji?" I whispered and eyed her beside me as she gave me a shocked look, trying to wipe out her nose dripping with blood.

"I-I'm fine. It's just thatㅡ how can you be in the same club as him and be fine?! He's too handsome!"

I just am, I guess. I turned to look back and saw his aura brighter than the suㅡ

Okay, let's just move on with this.

"We hope you guys will support us 'til the very end, even outside of school, as we pursue our goal, to make our supporters happy." He beamed another smile and looked at Haechan.

Oh, I forgot to mention, they did announce to the club before in the middle ofㅡ uhh, was it December? But yeah, they announced they got scouted by an entertainment company. They were so happy that Mark cried while we comforted him. This was great news for them and is still the talk of the school. They wished to perform on stage and make people happy, so they will soon enough. Omg, I'm really proud of them for coming this far, like a proud mum! Even though they're older than me. Sadly, they won't be around in school frequently. But, they promised to try their hardest to attend school and hang with me. 

Before Haechan could speak, he made eye contact with me and winked. It caught me by surprise. Did I miss anything?

"To show our gratitude to everyone, we want to perform another song for you!"

"Ne, hyung. A friend of ours wrote this song. I remember when we were hanging out in the old park. She wrote this in her notebook. Though, we think she's forgotten about this notebook already." Chenle stopped talking as they laughed at a memory he reminisced in. As I heard his cute dolphin laugh, I was gushed with the feeling of sadness. I'm gonna miss them...

Wait a minute, are they talking aboutㅡ

"Because of that, we finished writing for herㅡ well, it wasn't really 'us' who finished it. It was our sweet maknae, Jisung. He tried to finish writing the song and it turned out very well!" Jisung, flustered, tried to smile and wave at us.

Not exaggerating anything but I can see how everyone's eyes in the crowd were sparkling, anticipating for them to start. I smiled. I wonder what their lives would be if they debuted one day. I hope they get all this attention just like now.

"And with all that talk, we're going to sing to you guys this song. Sit back and enjoy!" Jeno said as he gave everyone a warm, lovely eye smile.

I took the letter in my hoodie and started to read in the dark. The spotlight turned to them again, as the other lights dimmed around us, setting a mellow and chill vibe. I checked the time. 5 minutes?? He can't be serious!