15

Jisung's POV

"Hey guys, I'll just take this call real quick," Mark-hyung said as we nodded in response. We left him on his own and kept walking.

Rin. We're in the same year but in different classes. Rin is in Class D-3. I'm in Class D-2. Last year, she performed a solo on stage, and I can say she's the best dancer I've seen so far. Mark and the lot are friends with her, except for me. I've never interacted with her before nor had the chance to talk with her. I think the only time we interacted with each other was when I forgot to do my math assignment one time. She taught me the lesson step by step and helped me with problem-solving. She's smart, too. She knew how to solve all of them. I'm weak at maths. I think if she was my teacher, I would understand maths better.

My hand suddenly brushed with hers, and I felt this sudden jolt of electricity flow through my hand to my arm. I quickly clasped my hands behind me. After a while, Mark-hyung told us he'd be leaving after an urgent call from his sister. I didn't even notice it was just the two of us. It was awkward to be in that I couldn't think of anything to say!

Silence surrounded us before I made a way to break the ice. This might sound funny, but it works all the time.

"U-uhm, w-what's your name, noona?" I asked, barely looking anywhere but in her direction. Why did I stutter all of a sudden??

I heard her chuckle, "You're older than me, by the way. My name's Rin."

How did she know that? Maybe the guys mentioned it to her before. Although, I don't remember hearing any conversation about me being brought up.

I halted in my steps. I stared at the hand extended before me, then looked at Rin's face. She flashed a smile.

I think she has a pretty smile.

A light tint of pink appeared on her face. I realised I had been staring for too long. I shook her hand, flashing an awkward smile.

"My name's Jisung."

"It's nice to meet you! I heard a lot of things about you from the guys. Don't worry, they were all good things, haha!"

"It's nice to meet you, too."

I wonder why I've never tried to talk to her before. She seems like a nice person.

"You're pretty," the words slipped out of my mouth. I stopped in my tracks. My eyes widened as I slapped both my hands on my mouth.

"I'm so sorry, that suddenly slipped out!"

From this day forth, I swear that I'll put some tape or glue to shut this mouth of mine! I've hung out with Haechan-hyung too much that his bluntness is rubbing off on me. I inwardly rolled my eyes.

"Don't sweat! Thank you! I think you're pretty too!" She exclaimed with a smile as her eyes squinted like crescent moons.

It is true, though. Rin is pretty. And more than that. An awesome person. That's why I admire her.

She laughed. And I think that's the most beautiful thing I have heard today.

Rin's POV

I hope he didn't notice my cheeks blush, gosh! Why did he have to be so straightforward about it?! I am melting here! Help! My crush just said I am pretty!

"Hey Jisung, my house is just a few houses down on this street," I told him as we stopped by the corner of my street. "I think you can proceed from here."

"No, it's fine. Hyung told me to send you home safely. If I don't, hyung will definitely kill me! I mean not literally, but- never mind." He said, his voice trailing off.

I chuckled, "Alright then."

I've seen Mark get angry before, so we don't have a choice. I can't let the poor boy suffer from his scolding.

He walked me to my house, the porch lights already turned on. My parents must be home.

"If you don't mind, where do you live?" I asked Jisung.

"Not far from here."

"Okay, we're here," I said as we stopped at our gate.

"Alright, I better get going. It's already dark out here. I'll see you in school." He smiled at me as he bowed his head.

I bowed my head back, "See you tomorrow. And thank you for taking me home safely."

"Don't worry about it."

"Stay safe, please. Let me know when you get home," I said.

From there, we exchanged contacts before he left. He turned to a corner, looked down at his phone and disappeared. My hand instantly went up to my chest, and my heart beat rapidly like a loud drum. I can almost hear it beat out of my chest. I didn't think I'd be talking to him until now!

I breathed in deeply, unknowingly holding my breath for that long. I smiled as I blushed, staring at the corner where I last saw Jisung, and went inside before it got too cold.

We just exchanged contacts! I can't believe it! I think this day panned out better than ever!

After a few minutes, I heard my phone's notification sound pop up. A message flashed on my phone screen. It says,

Jisung ^^

I got home safely. Please don't worry about me anymore! Goodnight.

// edited and rewritten: 22nd March 2023