17

Rin's POV

Today is club meeting day. And most students are in the theatre arts club room, and we are busier than ever, preparing for the event next week. The art club are creating decorations to be put outside. Bits of paper and every art material you could imagine are everywhere on the floor. While our club members practice their different performances, occupying every corner of the room. Our school officers enter with more art materials at hand.

Meanwhile, I am teaching Aerin-eonni the part of the choreography she doesn't get.

"This is how you do it, Aerin-eonni," I said, stepping my foot back and then turning to my right.

"Ohh, I was doing it wrong this whole time!"

"Yep, you're doing great, eonni!"

"Rin!"

A familiar voice called me out. It was Mark.

"Hey! What's up?" I asked as we sat on the edge of the stage.

"I just wrote something cool! We plan on performing it next week. Just perfect timing!" He exclaimed. I only shook my head with a smile.

"Let me hear it!"

He lends the other bud of earphones, and I put them on. As the instrumental began and the beat dropped, he sang the lyrics written in his notebook.

"Oh maybe maybe

This might be love

I can already only see you

I'm scared that it's not time yet

But I think it has come to me

Words written only in books are becoming a reality

Feels like my heart will explode soon

No, I can't express this with any words

Yeah, to me, it's only you

Wherever I am, even if I'm dreaming

To me, it's only you

I'll swear upon the rest of my life

There won't be another you, you're my last

Let me-"

"That was amazing!" I beamed as I cut him off from his singing. Mark is very talented, an all-rounder, I would say. And I think he already signed in to entertainment around here as a composer. I'm not sure yet. He never really told us about it in detail.

"Aish, I was about to rap my part!" He pouted.

"Did you write this song all by yourself? It's so good! Are you in love, by any chance~?" I teased.

"Jisung and I actually wrote it. Then added some rap parts in, and composed the instrumental."

"J-Jisung?" I repeated.

"Yeah, you okay there?"

My breath hitched as I felt my heart stop. Did I hear it correctly? My mind suddenly ran around like crazy. Maybe he made it for Eun Mi? I mean, they are a thing already. No, no, no. He only made it for the event, that is all. Although, what inspired him to write that song? I'm curious! Ugh, this is starting to hurt my head!

"Earth to Rin?" I snapped back as Mark waved his hand in front of me.

"I'm alright, sorry."

"Are you sure? You're crying." He calmly said, wiping my tears with his handkerchief.

"I'm fine, just tired. You know how it is."

"Don't forget to take care of yourself now."

"I never forget. You always remind me to take care of myself."

"I'm never not going to worry about you, Rin."

"Anyway, anything I can help with?", I asked Mark.

"The Dreamies and I can handle this," he smiled.

He stood up and patted himself first before helping me down.

"Hwaiting!" I smiled and gave him two thumbs up. He chuckled.

"I better get going. See you later!"

He waved and ran outside while Aerin-eonni and I continued practising.

//edited and rewritten on 29th March 2023