Chapter 3

I walked into town looking around; it was really surprising how safe and comfortable I felt here. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that everything about this town was exactly like they showed it on TV. I spotted the town centre, the Grill and the high school right away. I decided that I’d go to the Grill first since ‘the gang’ would probably be hanging out there.  I couldn’t control my excitement when I thought about the fact that in a few minutes I would be meeting the all the characters of my favourite TV show.

My excitement was stopped short when I saw a figure sprint past me, faster than any human could, from the corner of my eye. I started walking faster as I felt it coming closer towards me and just as I turned back to see who was following me, I bumped into someone.

“Hey you alright?”

I turned around to find out that it was Stefan who I’d bumped into and let out a sigh of relief.

“I….I thought that….there was something following me,” I told Stefan, slightly out of breath.

He squinted his eyes into the darkness then looked back at me reassuringly and said, “I’m sure it was nothing. Maybe you were just imagining things.”

Stefan does have really great hair, I noted as I changed the subject. I knew that he was lying, he knew exactly what had been following me and so did I.

“Anyway, I was searching for you,” I told him.

He looked at me with confusion, probably wondering how a girl he’d never met before could be searching for him, and I saw his shoulders tense. “Why?”

“Because I need your help,” I replied and for what was the second time today, I told Stefan about everything that had happened, smoothly leaving out the part where I’d met Damon. I didn’t know how Stefan would react to that.

Stefan was silent for a few minutes after I’d told him my story and then he turned to me and said, “It’s pretty late in the night and I know that I’m not one of the most innocent people living over here but I do have a pretty big house.”

As what he said registered inside my brain, “Are you asking me to stay at the Salvatore Boarding House?”

He shrugged. “I promise I won’t try to eat you,” he said, trying to make me feel better.

I looked at him astonished. “Are you kidding me? It’s always been my dream to see the Boarding house. I can’t believe your letting me stay there,” I exclaimed. It was like a dream come true.

Stefan smiled at my enthusiasm, “Well in that case, you can stay in my house as long as you want or at least until we figure out how to get you back home.”

I nodded my head as we walked to the Boarding house and the weird thing was-I didn’t feel scared anymore! Stefan was definitely the nicest person I’d met so far so I knew that there was really nothing to be afraid of.

“So,” Stefan started off after a few minutes of silence, “you know everything about me?”

I nodded my head, “About all of you guys.”

“So you know what I am?” Stefan asked curiously.

“Yeah, you’re a vampire,” I replied without so much as a flinch.

“And you aren’t scared of me?” He seemed surprised.

“Why should I be scared of you?” I asked him, “Aren’t you on a bunny diet?”

Stefan rolled his eyes when I teased him, “I just thought that with you knowing my past…..”

“Oh, you mean the ripper phase of your life….,” I trailed off, deep in thought, “I guess it depends.”

“On what?”

“On which Season and Episode I’m in,” I told him

“Maybe I can help you with that,” Stefan offered.

I bit my lip, thinking, “Maybe you can! Does Elena know that you’re a vampire?”

“Uh….no not yet,” Stefan admitted.

So this was Season one, the first few episodes, but I needed to narrow the possibilities down some more.

“Is Vicki still….here?” I asked not wanting Stefan to know that she dies later if it already hasn’t happened.

“Yeah,” Stefan nodded his head. But I still didn’t know exactly which episode this was and asking Stefan if he’d met Damon wasn’t really an option for me.

“Did she get attacked by the….wild animal yet?” I asked, deciding to play it safe.

“You mean the one that’s been coming in the news? Does she get attacked by it,” Stefan asked, which meant that the part where Damon attacked Vicki hadn’t happened yet.

It also meant that Stefan had no idea that Damon was in town either. So this was Episode 1. I grinned at him triumphantly just as we reached his house.

The Salvatore Boarding House looked as magnificent as ever. “Ah, finally I get to see it,” I said, stepping inside the house just as Stefan opened the door.