Chapter 19

"Thank you so much, Tyler," I said as I got out of the car and went to climb up the steps of the Boarding house. I had unexpectedly spotted him at the Grill and asked him for this huge favour. I'd been glad and a little bit surprised when he'd taken me up on it. "I owe you a big one."

"It's no problem," he said. Putting his head out of the car window, he cleared his throat. "So, since you owe me a big one, how about you join me for dinner?"

The question was so out of place that it took me a few seconds to realize what he'd said. "Me?" I questioned pointing to myself. He wanted to have dinner with me? Why? "Like a date?"

"No. Just dinner," he said with a light chuckle. I relaxed a little, letting out a sigh of relief.

"Well, then I'd love to." I said to him.

"Good," he replied with a nod. "I'll see you then."

It made no sense to me why Tyler had suddenly asked me to have dinner with him, especially since Vicki... or maybe it was because of Vicki. He was probably trying to get over her and I was new to this town which meant that I was the only girl here who didn't know a lot about Tyler and his reputation, or at least that's what he thought.

Pushing all thoughts of Tyler to the side, I concentrated on the recent huge problem I was forced to be facing. What the hell was going on over here? Katherine wasn't supposed to be showing up here so quickly. A lot of things that had taken place later on in the show had happened over here a lot earlier on and I couldn't for the life of me figure out why.

Maybe it had something to do with the fact that I was messing with the timeline by trying to change particular parts of the show or maybe it was just me being here. But the fact remained that the story of the show was changing little by little and I suddenly had no doubt that if I tried to interfere with the show in order to change its future anymore, then the consequences of those actions wouldn't be too pleasant.

So what exactly was I supposed to do? I knew that I had to have been sent here for a reason, and that reason had to be to try and change the show and therefore change it's ending. I also knew that I would do everything in my power for exactly that. But what did that mean for the future of town and it's people?

Suddenly I realised that since the moment I'd gotten here, this was the first time that I'd thought of this as a place and it's people rather than just think of it as a show with a plot and some characters. This was real and the show had been very close to me to begin with, so now things had gotten even more personal.

Keeping that in mind, I took determined steps into the Salvatore House and stated that I was back. At hearing no response, I continued calling out for Stefan and Damon. There were no inhabitants on the current floor which led to me walking up the stairs.

As I went onwards, I spotted a familiar figure sitting in his room with his head in his hands. He looked like it wanted to curl in on himself.

"Damon." I sighed with relief. "You're okay!" I noticed someone missing as I looked around, two someones actually. "Where's Stefan and...Elena?"

Damon didn't move a muscle, but his whole body shook as he mumbled something under his breath.

"What? Damon, I can't hear-"

"I said that you can drop the act, Sherry!" Damon yelled out, looking straight at me. "I know that it wasn't really Elena who was with Stefan. It was Katherine, and he knew."

Now I was really confused. "Who knew? What are you talking about? Damon-"

"You knew! Stefan knew! Neither of you bothered to tell me that Katherine was alive and...and that she was here!" He was shouting it out loud, standing up and pointing accusingly at me several times while he spoke. I was silenced by shock.

Damon was extremely angry, and he was a reckless vampire who killed and drank human blood for pleasure. I wasn't stupid and I had no illusions. I knew that if I didn't calm him down, or at least try to talk to him about it, he would kill me.

"I didn't know about her, and Stefan didn't either. I just figured it out because I watch the show." I stopped talking all of a sudden, finding Damon's calm demeanor disturbing. He was only this cool when he was about to kill.

"You watch the show." He stated in a low, deep tone, and I swallowed heavily, starting to tremble just slightly. "You know what happens next. All of it. So you knew about all of this, about Katherine."

I couldn't stop shaking as I held onto the edge of the doorway for support. I tried to form words as I looked down at my two feet, my vision swimming and blurring due to the fear. My grip tightened as I let myself think it. I was scared.

Before I could say or do anything else, I heard the wind blowing past me before teeth and sharp fangs bit into me.  Everything else was drowned out by my blood curling screams of agony. I was intense pain. Damon was killing me and there was nothing that I could do about it.