Chapter 15

Damon peeked in through the entrance of the room and raised an eyebrow questioningly.

"What is it?" I groaned tiredly at him. Exhaustion had filled me to the bones last night and even though I'd slept for a whole 12 hours, I still felt grumpy when I woke up.

"You hungry?" He asked, and before I could reply, threw something towards me. I caught it with ease since the throw had been an easy one, and immediately dropped what he'd given me. It was a blood bag.

"Dick!" I grumbled as Damon chuckled. He appeared next to me on the bed, the blood bag in his hands. I glared at him. "What do you want?"

"I just want to help you," he replied. Sincerity rang through his words and that made me narrow my eyes.

"Go away...I don't trust you."

"That wasn't what you told me when we first met." Damon responded and then mimicked my voice, "You have good in you, Damon." He smirked as I hit his arm and continued talking in my voice, "Oh Damon, you're so hot...I wish we could have angry sex right now."

I felt thankful at that moment because even though I could feel the internal heat rushing to my face, I knew that it wouldn't show externally. "Shut up," I tried to play it off with an eye roll. But saw his knowing gaze on me.

"Hey Sherry," Stefan entered my room.

"Stef!" I enthusiastically called out to him, greeting him.

"You need any help?"

"Actually-" Damon started to say but I smoothly interrupted him.

"Yes, please."

I sat on the bed with a laptop in my lap and two vampire brothers sitting beside me. I was doing great, thank you.

Typing 'purple whirlpool vacuum thingy' hadn't really helped much. So we'd searched for time travelling and travelling into an alternate universe because of what had seemed like purple whirlpool. It took us almost an hour to find and compile relevant information on the whirlpool, now all we had to do was go through it and figure out how to get me back home.

Apparently these portals existed all over, not only the planet, but the whole universe. They were gateways leading to unknown places, places anywhere in the whole universe. Each portal could only open up at a certain time and only lead to a certain place using a trigger. The trigger had to be an object that had caused the opening of the portal.

According to the article, this phenomenon was very rare since a number of factors, which weren't exactly constant and were deemed as unstable, had to come together to cause the purple whirlpool to suck someone into it. The object known as a trigger simply worked as a switch and the rest of the factors made up the circuit. Finding the trigger was the key to getting me back home. Using the trigger exactly like I had before could open up the portal again, at any time and place. Now I just had to figure out what the trigger was.

There was only one object that could be the trigger. My remote control. It made sense. I'd pressed a series of random buttons on it by mistake, which had opened up the portal and sucked me into it. According to our research, the only reason I'd ended up getting pulled into the whirlpool was because I'd been holding the trigger, which in this case had been my remote control.

Damon, Stefan and I pulled up at the Wickery Bridge. This was probably where I'd lost hold of the remote control so it had to be around here somewhere, right?

A/N: Alright so this is basically just another filler chapter and it's pretty short as well but they'll get longer and more interesting from now.