Chapter 11

I stood outside Jeremy's house, biting my lip nervously and shuffling my feet as I tried to gather up the courage to ring the doorbell. Now that the adrenaline had drained out of my system, I was a shy, sloppy mess again.

My thoughts couldn't help but return to Stefan and Damon. I had left them back at the house with a warning to behave themselves until I came back from Jeremy's. I had been happy to see that Stefan was fine and that his wounds had slowly healed and had therefore decided to leave and get some food into my stomach.

Somehow, I couldn't for the life of me remember the last time that I had eaten food. It definitely couldn't have been just this afternoon could it have? Surely not. So much time had passed between then and now and so much had happened.

But I had removed myself from those thoughts and had called Jeremy to tell him that I was coming over to his place. After I'd kept the phone, Damon had pouted at me and asked me why he had to babysit his brother. Stefan's reply had been quiet but the flash of anger in Damon's eyes had told me all that I'd needed to know.

I warned them a second time, trying to be as serious as I possibly could be in front of the two handsome men who were currently acting like a pair of toddlers, about the no fighting rule and then walked out of the door before they'd start.

Jenna opened the door all of a sudden, leaving me awkwardly frozen outside. She was still alive and so young and so beautiful. Poor, poor Jenna.

"Oh hi, you must be Sherry. Jeremy said that he'd invited a young lady over for dinner but I didn't believe him," she said. I didn't blame her for that though, I wouldn't have believed him either. One second, there Jeremy was all over Vicki and the next he had invited some random new girl over to his house.

"You must be Jenna," I said and at her surprised look quickly added, "Jeremy talks about you. A lot."

"Only good stuff, I hope," she chided just as Elena's voice came from somewhere behind her.

"Mostly good stuff," I tried to assure her with a quick smile just as Elena appeared at the door.

"Hey! You're that girl who was here with Stefan earlier. The new girl," Elena said as she recognised me.

"Um, yeah," I scratched the back of my head nervously, "you can also call me Sherry."

"Oh, sorry," Elena ducked her head in a slightly embarrassed motion just as Jenna quickly ushered me into the house.

"Oh hey Sherry," Jeremy waved his hand at me as soon as he spotted me.

"Hey Jer," I raised my eyebrows at him, surprised when came to hug me. But then I saw the pleading expression on his face and realised that it was just a show that he was putting on for Jenna's and Elena's sake.

So I hugged him, tightly, wondering if maybe this whole thing had just been a show for them. It made sense, now why he had called me over for dinner so quickly even though he barely even knew me. He probably still didn't believe me.

But I couldn't blame him. I knew how Elena and Jenna were both nagging him to stop with the drugs and concentrate on his studies. I also had also heard Elena mentioning back in the bar that he should probably talk to other girls or call them over for dinner. This was probably just his way of trying to make them stop.

"So Sherry, you're new over here?" Jenna asked as she bought out the dinner to serve.

I nodded my head, seated in between Jeremy and Elena. I had never really thought of Elena as anything more than good looking before but sitting next to her right now, I took it all back. That girl was gorgeous. Pink rosy cheeks, long straight black hair, she looked downright gorgeous. Then there was Jenna. The TV show really hadn't done her justice or anybody else I'd met so far for that matter because they all looked so much better in real life than they did on the show.

Jeremy cleared his throat, making me realise that I'd been staring at Jenna for way too long. "Uhm, yes," I replied.

"Stefan said that he's known her for a long time. Isn't that right?" Elena added.

"Yes I do. I mean he does," I stammered, slightly nervous. "We've been friends for a long time."

"So that's why you're living with them right?" Jeremy said, confirming the fact that he really hadn't believed the whole purple whirlpool thing that I'd told him.

I cleared my throat before replying, "That's right and...um, Jenna that smells delicious." I nodded towards the food she had laid out in front of us. Jenna smiled and thanked me for the complement and then we started to eat.