Chapter 9

Sky roded his black stallion, George, into the dense forest following Roxy. She flew ahead, sometimes stopping and circling around to make sure they were going the right way and to make sure no one follow them. Finally, they reach a side of a mountain.

"Why, are we here?" Sky asked, clicking his horse to stop. The horse was getting nervous. Roxy began to concentrate on her powers, focusing on the mountain. Suddenly, a portal began to appear.

"We go through here. The portal changes every minute. We must go in before it changes," Roxy explained, pointing her finger at the portal. "We only have half a minute to get through." Sky pulled the reins and urged George to go forward. Roxy follow, as the portal began to close. As they reach the end of the portal, Sky put his hand over his eyes, shielding from the bright sunlight. As his eyes became adjusted to the brightness, he saw a small cottage by the edge of a lake in a mountain. He look up and saw mountains surrounding the meadow, keeping it isloated from the outside world.

"Where are we?" Sky asked, awe at the beauty of this place, a flock of birds flew above while he saw a herd of deers grazing not far fromthe cottage

"No one knows actually, until Daphne showed this to us. She said that it is one of the Nymphs of Magic's meeting place and a place to get away from the magical universe," Roxy said, returning to her human outfit (a yellow tank top over a silver thread tee, demin shorts, black flats, with a pair of matching silver hoop earings and bracelets). "She's in there, let me go in- - -"

"Roxy!" Musa called. Roxy saw her friend and wave. Musa ran over wearing a simple magenta dress, her hair pulled up in a bun. She stop when she saw Sky.

"You're awake," she said slowly.

"I need to see Bloom, please, let me see her," Sky pleaded. Musa nodded. Sky got down off of George and limp after Musa. "You need to check your leg out,"Musa said, slowing down to match his pace. Sky only grunted in response.

"That is not my concern right now."

As they reach the cottage, Sky could hear Flora's voice, talking to someone, her voice dip in deep concern. Musa open the door, revealing a bed against one wall, a small kitchen next to a fire place, a small Earth-like couch with a couple of cushion rocking chairs, and a round table surrounded by 4 chairs. Flora was trying to urge a young lady to lie down but that lady was not having it. It only took Sky a second to realize it was Bloom. Bloom must have notice that they were there for she let out a small gasp as her eyes lay on Sky.

"Sky?" Bloom asked. She got up, ignoring Flora's protest, and ran into his arms.

"We will leave you two alone," Musa said quietly as she pull Flora out of the room. Sky pull Bloom off of him and began to look at her. She was glowing so beautifully. Her stomach was not flat anymore but it was big. Sky look at Bloom, silently asking her. Bloom grab his hand from her shoulder and place it on her stomach. Bloom move his hand over her stomach until he finally felt a soft kick. Sky suck in his breath as another follow. He look up at Bloom who was smiling, tears coming out of her eyes. She was happy that Sky felt them kick. It was her first time as well. Bloom suddenly sense his pain, the way his body language was protraying.

"Sky, are you alright?" She asked, her voice sounded worry and concerned. Then she notice his cane.

"Sky. . .?" Bloom was getting nervous. Sky kissed her on the lips.

"It's my leg, I think it is injure," Sky explained. Bloom looked worry and pulled his arm toward her bed.

"Lie down," she said. Sky look at her surprise and quickly understood what she meant but refuse to obey her.

"Bloom - - -" he was cut off by his wife's glare. He sigh and lie down. Bloom pull a rocking chair over to the bed. Sky look at her as she slowly sat down. He notice how pale she was, dark circles under her eyes, her red hair dull, and how frail she was. Bloom slowly laid her hands on his chest, concentrating on her healing powers, her eyes glowing a firey red. Sky felt the warmth of her powers, the touch and carcess as her powers slowly fill his body. He felt his body knitting back, healing back to health.