Chapter 18: Split Ends

Cecily:

I slouched as I leaned back on the couch. I'm actually the first person to come downstairs for this house meeting Elle wants to have. Joe and his assistant are on their way. This was actually suppose to happen over springbreak but of course with all the drama it didn't. I'm pretty sure Elle is only doing this so that we can ease off Yesenia but she can't force me to like the girl. I've been passed back in forth through a lot of homes over these past few years and I feel like this is actually the one home I can call my home. For Yesenia to disrespect me is on a whole new level. She doesn't know who she is dealing with and I'm from Jamaica and around there we don't play. I've been fighting my whole life and when I do I make sure it counts. Yesenia hasn't done much to provoke me but if if she does it's over with. Just one time.

Maver sits on the opposite side of the couch texting his girlfriend. They're cute and we're pretty good friends. As long as Maver treats her right everything will be all good. Glenn is out with a few friends and it isn't like he needs to be at this meeting he's practically the good kid of the house.

Alejandro sat down next to me. He smells like he just stepped out the shower. Irish Spring Cologne and his long hair in a ponytail. He wore a blank tank and a pair of jeans. "Joe's coming with who again?"

"His assistant Tara. AKA his ex wife. How funny is that?"

Alejandro just shakes his head and lets out a soft chuckle. "Nothing Joe does surprises me anymore. I think he's the one who actually needs help."

"Amen to that. So. What's up with you? You going out tonight?"

"Don't I every night?" he crookedly smiled at me.

I lift my feet and lay my legs across his lap and I play with his ponytail. It annoys the heck out of him but I love making him squirm. "Depends on how you feeling."

Alejandro slaps my hands away. Looking at me as if i'm from another planet. "Now i'm definitely thinking getting a haircut today is a good idea."

I gave him that 'omg shut up'  look. I think like a preppy white girl sometimes. "Seiously? I've been telling you to cut your hair since I met you."

"What makes you think I would listen to you?" he quirks his left eyebrow. Giving me that teasing look. Alejandro can be adorable but gorgeous at the same time. Beauty just comes natural for him.

"Because you love me."

"We've been through this Cecily. I am not good with relationships and you know this. Love is out of the question." he continued to tease me but my eyes landed on the bitch.

Yesenia walked in wearing a superman shirt and a pair of black shorts. I smirked at Alejandro, "No wonder you and Yesenia didn't work out. I mean it was good that you ended things when you did." I said, loud enough for Yesenia to hear me.

Alejandro slit his eyes at me but he didn't say anything so I just laughed at my own joke. Yesenia walked over and stood in front of the two of us. She grimaced at me, "How petty can you be? You don't have to like me Cecily because I certainly don't like you. Do us both a favor and stay out of my way."

Before she could turn around and go over by Maver I spoke up. "And what if I don't?" I smiled at her.

She continued to glare me down. Anyone around could feel the tension between us. Yesenia scoffed and walked away. She headed into the kitchen.

Alejandro pushed my legs off his lap. "What's your problem?"

I laughed again. I know he's not seriously upset about me messing with Yesenia? "Her obviously. I don't know what you saw in her. She's trash Alejandro."