Chapter 15: Future Baller

Maver's Pov:

I moved from the left to the right dribbling the basketball smoothly as I went past Marco. "Alex!" I tossed the ball to him. Alex jumped up and did a slam dunk on the goal.

"Now that's what i'm talking about! Let's go! Ha-ha." I clapped my hands together. Marco and Juan held sour expressions. Cecily and Lasi sat on the sidelines watching us.

"Whatever. That was a foul. Come on rematch." Marco said, pulling up his sagging pants.

"Foul? Nah, you just can't play man." Alex said with a shake of his head, he hopped off the goal and landed smoothly on the grass.

Juan grabbed the basketball from the ground. He know he can't play for shit and Marco just mad because we beat him in front of his girl. "Rematch. Come on."

Cecily stood up. "Uh. Uh. It's our turn to play. There ain't no rematch right now."

"Nah. Just wait Cecily." Marco brushed her off. Ready to get schooled on the court again with his sorry ass.

"No, Marco. Cecily is just as good as us. Let her play. Me and Alex going to chill on the sidelines."

"Yeah. Let me play. What you scared for?" Cecily rolled her neck. Ready to snap and bring out her ghetto side. Ha-ha.

"We ain't never scared. Right Marco?" Juan said. Getting hyped to play some girls.

Marco nodded his head and a cocky smirk plasters on his face. "You're going to be sorry after this game. Trust and believe."

"Shut up," Cecily looked over at Lasi and said, "Come on. Let's show them what we got."

Alex and I laughed. Knowing Lasi ain't got no skill at basketball. If it was Yesenia and Cecily against Marco and Juan. They probably would have had a close game but I know none of them wants to talk to Yesenia right now. Yeah she was wrong for going off on everyone but Cecily had no right getting involved in that girl business. I have no beef with Yesenia but I had to be there for my boy but i'm over what happened at spring break. Time to move on with more important shit. We're back home and it's time for everyone to let shit slide.

"I don't want to play." she whined, she got up from her sitting position on the grass and followed behind Cecily. Cecily gave her a look. "Just remember what I showed you. Girl come on."

Lasi got on the court and Juan passed Cecily the ball and the game started. I noticed a 2007, blue Mustang Convertible pull up on the other side of the street with the hood off. Two Hispanic looking dudes sat in the car. Rap music blasting. One of the boys hopped in the back making room for someone to sit up front.

They beeped the horn causing the others to stop playing and look who it is. "Who the hell is that?" Marco said. If I were him I would shut up. Those types of dudes look like they carry firearms whenever and I ain't bout to get capped for his white ass.

Lasi rolled her eyes and ran her hands through her hair. "Dean and Yesenia's boyfriend Guillermo."

Oh. I glanced at Alejandro who just shakes his head. For a minute I thought he even clenched his jaw. I know he still got feeling for Yesenia even though he won't admit. My boy is sprung off that girl and he doesn't even know it.

"Let's get back to the game." Cecily gathered their attention and they started playing again. Cecily making the first shot. That dude Guillermo got out of the car and is headed towards the house.

"Lasiaria where your sister?" he asked once he got near. He stood on the grass watching them play and he just laughed. Mumbling, "Gits."

Lasi walked away from the game. "She inside Guillermo. Go ring the doorbell or something."