Chapter 27: Picture This

Lasiaira:

"I slept with Lorenzo." The words felt like something bitter leaving my lips.

Yesi stepped back from me which made me feel even worse. She stared at me with pure disgust. Her silence made me feel even worse. She looked at me as if I betrayed her. As if I were lower than pure scum. As if I were nothing.

"Yesi," I tried to reach for her but she forcefully slapped my hands away.

"Don't. Touch. Me." She almost spat on me.

A painful sob escaped my lips as I clutched my shirt, "He threatened me! I hate him with all my heart because of what he did to you. If there was another way trust me the last thing I wanted to do was have sex with a monster."

I felt Yesi wrap her arms around me. Trying to console me as I felt as if it were hard for me to breath. I broke down and told her everything that happened.

"He's been watching you for a couple months. He knows things Yesi. He knows and he knows that I was lying. It's only a matter of time before he comes looking for you. You know how he is." I controlled my heavy breathing and wiped my tears away. "I hate him so much."

"He's not going to find us." Yesi calmly said. If she's scared she sure didn't show it.

Looking up and into her eyes I asked, "How are you sure? Lorenzo has connections."

Yesi's eyes watered and she closed her eyes shut to stop the tears. It didn't work though. "I don't know."

"Why can't you guys just go to the cops? This is getting ridiculous. These guys aren't even real thugs. Just because they have a few guns they think they're the shit. Either the cops handle it or I will." Alejandro said. Pissed off as well.

"We can't go to the cops Alejandro! If it were that easy don't you think we would've done it by now?" Yesi yelled at him.

"Then what the fuck are you going to do? I'm tired of sitting around and letting wannabe gangsters terrorize my girlfriend and her sister. This shit is going to stop. I'll confront that piece of shit myself if this continues."

"I don't want you involved Alejandro!" Yesi cried out.

With a shake of his head he headed out the door. Before he left he said, "It's not up to you anymore. Get some rest."

Nothing more was said once the door shut. Alejandro is right. This is getting out of control. If we don't do something about Lorenzo no telling what's going to happen. I don't want to keep living in fear. I'm only fifteen and this is too much stress to handle.

The next morning we didn't act any differently around the others. We pretended as if everything was okay even if it was far from it.

Juan joined me on the patio as I sat down on the recliner centered in the middle of it. He sat in the one next to me.

"Are you okay?" He asked me. Truly looking worried. I briefly smiled as I reached for his hand.

"Yeah i'm fine."

"You sure?"

Playfully rolling my eyes I let out a small laugh, "Yeah i'm good Juan I promise."

Skeptically looking me over he finally let it go and shrugged. "You want to go to the lake?"

I didn't want to think about my troubles right now. So I decided to accompany Juan at the lake. He held my hand as we walked down the sandy pathway.

"I'm serious about being here for you Lasi. I want you to know that you can trust me. You can tell me anything."

Listening to Juan talk seriously for once is surprising. He has always been so childish. I guess we all are changing in a way. I still feel as if I made no progress at all during this experience. I haven't took it seriously. Now it's time for a fresh start. I don't want to have just sex with Juan. I want to experience a real relationship. I want to be able to truly love. I want a guy to look at me like Alejandro looks at my sister. I want that so badly.