Not the same

Tanner suddenly began to scream, he gripped his head falling to the floor. I turned toward his father gripping against the glass, he stood in front of him with a painful glare. Tanner, pulled his hands away from his head, full of tears. He struggled to breath. His eyes glared at his father, "you monster..." he struggled to say.

He snapped back towards his head, he fell against the wall as he tried to stand, clutching his head, "NO NO NO NO STOP!" I screamed hitting my hands against the box.

"Sorry tan..." his father pulled a remote out from his pocket, tapping a few buttons and Tanner continued to scream. Hayden jumped onto the large man and threw him to the ground. His large claws gripping to his arms.

     Bella raced over to the desk, slamming her hand on a button, suddenly the glass cage I was in fell into a clear net, I leaped out of the net, and grabbed Tanner, teleporting behind the desk.

     We fell to the floor, Tanner coughed as he lay against the wall, "Tay, I- I'm so s-sorry..." He grabbed my hand as I reached for his head. His eyes filled with pain. Pulling his hands up to his lips, he gives it a small kiss.

"Where gonna get out of here I promi-" I was suddenly thrown across the room. As I fell I quickly teleported to my feet. I fell to my knees out of energy.

I lifted my head, watching as the large man picked up tanner by his shirt. Choking him slightly. Hayden, leaped up at the man. But he hit him away.
"Bella!" I yelled up to her she came and picked me up, helping me to my feet. Hayden got up beside us.

     "Okay what's our goal here, why is Tanner fighting us and him! I'm so confused!" She said as we begin to back up towards the wall, the large man was walking towards us.

     I grabbed her and teleported to the other corner, "Taylor what do we do...."

     I struggle to let out words. My voice is just wind, "...we run.... get tanner.... get out...."

     "And just leave him here!" She points towards the giant man being over run by Hayden.

     I turn to Bella "maybe another time we come back and finish this..."

     Lyndsey runs over to us, "where just kids ...there's nothing we can do...."

     I struggle to stand up, quickly grabbing both Bella and Lyndsey, I teleport to Tanner as Lyndsey yanks him out of the large mans hands. I then grab Hayden, grabbing onto his back. And look towards the open window.

     "Hold on!" Everyone piles on top of Hayden, and we make a dash for the window. As we fall, I look out to the manny police and patrol cars. I close my eyes slowly. And I black out.

     I jolt awake it a flash, I'm laying in a bed. My body fades to comfort as I fall back into the pillows of the wooden frame. I recount the memories of the past day. The pain quickly snaps in.

     I feel a burn in my arm. I look over at the large wrap around my arm. Then my eyes follow the light to the person sitting in a chair next to the bed. A bandage wrapped around Tanners nose.

     "Hey...." he said softly.

      "Hey, how long was I out?"

     Tanner laughs, "going on day three..."

     "I take it you remember everything?"

     He shifts his eyes down, "yeah..."

     "Hey..." I say leaving up and grabbing his cheeks, "that's wasn't you... was it?"

     He shook his head, "I just know that things will... never be the same now...."

     I sat up to meet his face, placing my lips against his slowly. And pulling back softly, "maybe that's okay..."