The Night We Met

A/N

First off, I am so so sorry it's taken me this long to post a new chapter. The reason is writer's block mixed with a general apathy to all things writing for over a year now. I tried waiting it out but I realised that it didn't work so I'm gonna try and force myself to write at least once a week now until I get back to the joy of it again.

I've had this chapter ready for almost a year but I've hold of posting it since I didn't have anything finished after it. But I realised that it won't do anything good collecting dust on the computer so here we are.

It's a bit different and doesn't really add anything to the plot, but hopefully it will be a fun filler chapter that will satisfy you guys for a short while.

I have started on the next chapter, which will be a two-parter of the episode, the girl who waited, which I know some of you have been waiting for. I will however not update until both parts are done cause I don't want to leave you guys with a cliffhanger for months. I will do my best to have it finished before summer (1st of June). That will be my deadline and hopefully telling you this will spur me on and force me to actually sit down and write.

I want to say hello to all my new readers and a welcome back to all of my old ones.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

I am not the only traveler
Who has not repaid his debt
I've been searching for a trail to follow again
Take me back to the night we met

......

I had all and then most of you
Some and now none of you
Take me back to the night we met
I don't know what I'm supposed to do
Haunted by the ghost of you
Oh, take me back to the night we met

~Lord Huron

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

BLEEP! BLEEP! BLEEP!

Rose woke to the sound of her alarm clock, her eyes groggy from the early morning as she rubbed them with her hand in an attempt to wake up. All it did was smearing the leftover mascara she had been too lazy to remove the night before.

Heaving a sigh, she sat up and took in her surrounding; mentally going over everything she needed to do that day as her eyes roamed lazily about the room. Her inner calendar now in order, she got up to take a well needed shower.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

"Bye!" Rose bent down to give her mum a quick peck on the cheek as she picked up the keys from the coffee table, hosting her bag up more securely on her shoulder as she straightened up.

"See you later!" Jackie called after her as she took a sip of her tea and made herself comfortable on the sofa before picking up the phone.

Rose hurried down the stairs and over the courtyard, knowing she only had a few minutes until the bus came. She sighed as she sat down on the dirty seat, not looking forward to yet another boring day at Henricks.

The day went by as it always did.

She ate lunch with Mickey; she joked with Shareen; and she piled clothes onto the shelves.

After handing over the lottery money to Wilson, she took the bus home and ate some leftover dinner before heading straight for bed without washing off that day's makeup.

And so it went.

Day after day, week after week, month after month.

Nothing exciting ever happened in Rose Tyler's life.