Say Something

No beta yet, so if you find any spelling mistakes, let me know. Just wanted to get the chapter out as soon as possible before I forgot =)

------------------------------------------

Chapter 19 Say Something

-----------------------------------------------

Say something, I'm giving up on you
I'll be the one if you want me to
Anywhere I would've followed you
Say something, I'm giving up on you

And I... am feeling so small
It was over my head
I know nothing at all
And I... will stumble and fall
I'm still learning to love
Just starting to crawl

~A Great Big World

-------------------------------------------------

"I wish I could tell you that you'll be loved," Amy gazed down at her newborn baby who lay in her small crib stuck on the asteroid base known as Demon's Run. "That you'll be safe and cared for and protected. But this isn't time for lies." She picked up her daughter. "What you are going to be, Melody... is very, very brave.

"Two minutes." The eye-patch lady, who Amy now knew was named Madame Kovarian, said, and Amy groaned internally before she finished saying goodbye to her daughter.

"But not as brave as they'll have to be." She ignored the eye-patch lady. "Because there's someone coming. I don't know where he is, or what he's doing, but trust me." She kissed the top of Melody's head. "He's on his way." She walked over to the window to see the large gathering of soldiers down below. "And not even an army can get in the way."

The eye-patch lady was done waiting, and she walked towards Amy with her arms stretched out, two soldiers flanking her sides.

"Leave her, just leave her." Amy pleaded. "Please leave her! Leave her!"

But Madame Kovarian ignored the pleas of the young mother, and took her daughter away from her.

------------------------------------------

Four weeks later

Amy was alone in her room, save for her daughter lying in her bassinet. She walked over to her, a frown on her pale face; a face deprived of sunlight for countless months. She leaned over the basinet, looking down at her sleeping daughter.

She never did finish her story, Amy thought.

"He's the last of his kind." She started. "He looks young, but he's lived for hundreds and hundreds of years. And wherever they take you, Melody, however scared you are, I promise you, you will never be alone." She leaned down and kissed her forehead. "Because that man is your father. He has a name, but the people of our world know him better... as the last centurion."

-------------------------------------------

"Everyone know their positions?" Jack asked the assembled group of Sontarans, Judoons, Silurians, and humans. All from different points of history, but all of them owing the Doctor their lives.

Jack had been left in charge of organising the infiltration of Demon's Run and it was finally time. It was finally time to bring home one Amelia Pond.

"We're ready," Madame Vastra said. "But are you sure this is the right way?" She indicated towards the Doctor who stood a short distance away with Rose and Rory. "The Doctor has done many things, but I fear what he will become after this."