Bed of Roses

A/N

If you have nay questions regarding Rose and her timeline, don't hesitate to PM me or ask me in a review that I will answer in the next update.

Now, on with the story =D

Beta:ed by my friend Sam.

--------------------------------

Chapter 2 Bed of Roses

----------------------------

About all of the things that I long to believe

About love, the truth, what you mean to me and the truth is
Baby you're all that I need

I wanna lay you down in a bed of roses
For tonight I'll sleep on a bed of nails
I wanna be just as close as the Holy Ghost is
And lay you down on a bed of roses

~Bon Jovi

---------------------------------

"I'm sorry," He said as he watched her stare at him in silence. He had seen the realisation on her face when she figured out who he was, before he had even had a chance to tell her his story. But he had also seen the apprehension and fear, and he was scared she would reject him. "I shouldn't have brought you back." He placed his hand on top of hers, the one still laying on his chest, and started rubbing circles on the back of it with his thumb. "It was selfish of me, but I saw the opportunity and..." He sighed, his shoulders deflating a little. "I couldn't resist."

"No," She shook her head, her eyes still seemed to be miles away, but her voice was resolute. "Don't you ever apologise for bringing me back."

"No?" He smiled hesitantly, straightening up again.

"No." She smiled back, her eyes coming back to the present again as she roamed his face, and for the first time since he stepped out of the TARDIS, he felt happy. "You're him. You're really him." She said silently and raised a hand up to his cheekbone. "You look so different."

"Good different or bad different?" He asked, seeing the smile grow on her lips as she remembered.

"Just... different." She smiled up at him, her tongue peeking out of her teeth and his eyes followed the motion for just a fraction of a second before his eyes found hers again. He could see that she had noticed, but she didn't comment on it. Instead he saw her smile fade slowly and she dropped her hand from his chest.

"Rose?" His voice was laced with worry as he looked at his pink and yellow girl. "What's wrong?" He tried to search her eyes for answers, but she refused to meet his.

"Am I still me?" She looked up at him with wide eyes, and his hearts broke by the intense emotions in them; emotions of fear and maybe a bit of betrayal. "I'm not just a copy? Like your meta..." She waved her hand as she tried to come up with the word.

"Meta-crisis," He helped her.

"Yeah," She nodded. "Am I like him?"

"No," He shook his head, terrified that she had come to that conclusion. "You're still you." He hurried to clarify. "And you're definitely not a copy. You're merrily a younger version of the you from my timeline. Still the same Rose Tyler." He revelled in the way her name rolled of his tongue in this body. It still felt perfect, just like when he had held her hand earlier. He brought his hands up to rub at her shoulders reassuringly, and it seemed to work since the tension in them vanished after a few strokes.

"But there's still another version of me tha's with the younger you." She scrunched up her brow. "Won't me bein' here disrupt her timeline? Aren't I just taking her place?"