Hummingbird

Chapter 13 Hummingbird

-----------------------------------

A/N

I hope you all had a great Christmas Eve (or day for those of you who celebrate on the 25th instead) or just a nice holiday if you don't celebrate Christmas, and I wish you all a Happy New year =D

Beta:ed by tarree87 :)

------------------------------------------------

Chapter 13 Hummingbird

------------------------------------------------

People don't sing about days that didn't happen and...
People don't cry for tears that weren't shed
Time doesn't stop when you close your eyes, and our...
Big ol' clock will keep on ticking till it dies

~Miss E

--------------------------------------------------

"You goin' my way, doll?" The Doctor leaned against the door frame nonchalantly.

"Is there any other way to go, daddy-o?" She grinned at him as she walked down the stairs.

"Hey, you remembered." He laughed happily as he grabbed her hand when she reached him.

"Of course I remember." She swatted him playfully on the arm. "Now, where are we?" She looked around him and out into a place that seemed very similar to a space ship.

"It's a spaceship circling the planet Xkito." He answered as the door closed behind them.

"So, what happens here?" She gazed around for any hints.

"No idea," He grabbed her hand tighter. "Let's find out."

--------------------------------------------------

"Tell me again how you accidentally cause two suns to explode?" Rose asked under her breath, picking up her pace a bit to keep up with the Doctor's long legs while they were running down the corridor.

"That's not the important question, Rose." The Doctor stopped suddenly at a window, facing out towards the twin suns where the planet Xkito was dangerously close to being burnt to a crisp, his face a mask of dread with just hint of excitement.

"Then what is the question?" Rose panted after the long run, trying her best to catch her breath.

"How do we stop it?" He glanced down at her, swallowing slightly, extending his arm towards her.

"Run?" She asked, taking his proffered hand.

"Run." He agreed, and pulled her down the corridor again in a sprint.

------------------------------------------------------

"Well, that was easier than I thought." The Doctor concluded as he sent them off into the vortex again.

"This is the sixth planet we're banned from now, Doctor." Rose teased, walking up beside him.

"Only six." He shrugged. "Thought it would be more."

"There are, but only six where they know our faces." She gave him her tongue-touched grin as she swirled around to lean against the console, looking out towards the doors. "Where to now then?"

"You're not tired?" He glanced at her, pretending to be occupied with the console.

"Nope." She popped the 'p' as she tilted her head towards him.