eight

As the youngest son of the head of the Uchiha clan, Sasuke was pretty much under constant vigilance.

In all the 6 years of his life, he'd only left the Uchiha compound once. And that was when he was a newborn. 

"Kaa-san, I wanna go outside!" The little boy whined to his mother as he stepped into the kitchen. 

"Sasuke-chan, I told you that you could go out and play after you clean your room." The raven haired woman didn't even have to turn around to know that her cute little son was sporting a pout. 

"I know that! I mean that I wanna go outside the compound!" His onyx eyes narrowed when he noticed her small smirk. 

"Ne, we'll see. Why don't you go out and play with some of your cousins for the time being? Dinner will be ready in about an hour."

His young features contorted into a scowl as he stomped out of the house.  His small legs carried him to the heart of the Uchiha compound.

There were similar looking faces all around him. It was a sea of black hair on ivory skin, with the same onyx eyes.  He sighed. 

The Uchiha were, no doubt, the most powerful clan in existence. But, it got boring. It got boring to meet with different variations of the same face. 

With that in mind, he swiftly ran towards the gate that lead into the outside world of Konoha. He snuck by the guards who stood at their post, and ran into the forest as fast as he could while memorizing his surroundings to return home later.

After running for a while, he stopped to regain his breath... 

...only to lose it again when he straightened up to see the sight before him. 

He stared in awe not at the beautiful grassy land, not at the way the sun reflected majestically off of the small glimmering pond, not even at the stunning creatures that ventured through the area. 

Sasuke watched the small pale girl with wide seafoam green eyes that were already unique on their own, but with hair pinker than anything he'd ever seen in his life and a bright red bow on the crown of her head, she was an otherworldly beauty.

Inside the Uchiha compound, the girls all looked the same. Dark hair, pale skin, black eyes. But her...she was gorgeous.

Sasuke didn't know if all the girls of Konoha looked as surreal as she did, but he knew immediately that she was the most beautiful girl his eyes would ever settle upon. 

He peeked at her from behind the large bush not too far away. Sasuke could feel his heart pounding against his small chest and his cheeks heat up as he thought of a way to approach the fairy not even 10 feet from him.

Just as he was about to step out and introduce himself, a snap resonated through the previously quiet forest.  A group of 4 girls the same age as himself and the rosette approached her with irritating giggles.

It was obvious that the pink haired girl knew them, with the way she tensed and gazed at the ground. Sasuke was confused when the ugly girls with plain brown hair and eyes started insulting the pretty girl.

Who pays attention to foreheads? It wasn't even that big. 

His temper that his dear mother always complained about was quickly rising, and he finally snapped when the biggest girl pushed the pinkette down. Sasuke growled out when he saw tears forming in the large viridian eyes. 

All the girls were startled when a very handsome pale boy with obsidian hair and eyes stepped out of the bushes, and the 5 of them each had varying shades of pink and red on the apples of their chubby cheeks.