S E V E N T E E N

"You're what?!" Your bestfriend, Ava, screamed at you.
"I'm dating, Eddie. Calm down, it's not a big deal," you tried to reason.
"It's only the biggest deal ever! I totally ship you guys!"
"Ship? What do you mean?"
"It means that I think you're cute together, that you guys make a good couple."
"That is horrible, and it will never be popular slang."
"Watch it. It will be popular one day."
"Whatever you say."

-
You have told Ava you were dating Eddie and she was so excited. She said that you guys had to go on a double date, with her and Richie.

So here you were, stressing over what color scrunchie you wanted to wear. Why does it matter? It's just a hair accessory.

A knock tore you from your internal argument. You just grabbed a black and grey one and ran to the door.

"Hey, Richie!" You exclaimed seeing your bestfriend.

"H-hey Y/N! You look amazing," Eddie stuttered out.

"Thanks Eds, you look great too!"

-
The four of you went to a movie and a diner. The date was long, but very enjoyable for ever person involved. During the walk and the movie you and Eddie held hands the entire time. It was comforting for you and it wasn't like you hadn't done it before just as friends.

"You know I think you look gorgeous, babe," Eddie whispered to you during the movie.

"I think you look amazing too," you whispered back. The two of you looked over and could see Richie and Ava making out (IM SO SORRY AVA DONT BEAT ME TOMORROW).

"Well I guess they are having a good time."
"We should too."