T W E L V E

"Shut up, Ava!" You giggled.

"Admit it, you totally love him," Ava responded.

"I do not! He is like my brother. That would be weird if I had the hots for my brother."

"It would, but he didn't have to be your brother. You aren't related. One day you could just wake up and realize that you have loved him all along."

"I could, but I won't." Ava had been trying to convince you that you like Eddie for the past half hour. She made some good points but none of it was relevant. You had no feelings for Eddie whatsoever.

"Hey do you know the time?" Ava asked.

"5:30. Don't you need to be home for supper?"

"Yeah. I'll see you later, but don't forget what I said. You totally love him. Bye!" Ava ran out of your house.

Things were always like this. She would come over, you two would talk about her and Richie, and then the subject would change to you and Eddie. Then again, most conversations with anyone did. It was so frustrating to you that people didn't notice how you were just friends, best friends.

-
At 6:30 dinner at your home was made. Your mom called you downstairs to wash up, then eat. At dinner you decided to ask you mom some questions that only someone who has loved would know.

"Mom, can you love someone without knowing you love them?"

"I suppose so. I guess it just takes one thing to realize that you love them, or that you are in love with them."

"Alright, good to know." Hearing the words your mother spoke made you slightly uncomfortable.  If what everyone was saying was true, could you like/ love Eddie? It didn't seem possible because of the way you had always thought about the young boy, but you never know.

"So, why do you ask?" Your mother spoke again.

"No reason really. I was just wondering."

"Really? So there is no special boy that you are questioning you love for that you aren't telling me about?"

"Well, there might be this one boy. I don't know, so don't freak out! But I think I just like him as a friend."

"Okay well if you need any relationship advise, you know where to find me."

"Got it momma. Thank you!" Dinner after that was pretty much comfortable silence. Although, slight conversation was made.

-
Thinking about the day that had passed confused you. You were sure whether you were questioning everything because of what people were saying, or if you actually had feelings for your bestfriend. Both ways, this situation was not one you wanted to be in.

I actually updated again ahh. This is totally new for me:) this is what I love about being an author is that I know what is going to happen and you don't, so this is amazing!!

Don't be a ghost reader! Comment and vote!

Destiny❤️