F I F T E E N

"He loves me," you said as you pulled a petal of a flower, "He loves me not. He loves me. He loves me not. Ooh, he loves me!" When the last petal was pulled. "Oh wait, he loves me not," disappointment flooded through you. Of course you would frown at the outcome of the childish game you had played.

Throwing the remains of your flower and wiping your hands on your legs, you raced over your backyard to swing on your tire swing. It was your go to place. The place you went when things were hard and confusing.

You like Eddie, you know that. Your attraction was now a crush on your bestfriend. But did you love him like Ava said? That was still not decided yet. Did you even know what love was? Not a chance. The only males you've ever loved in your life were your dad and the losers. But you were never in love with them.

You hated lying to Eddie, that's why you wanted to tell him. But how could you? Potentially ruining your friendship was the scariest thing in your mind. What if he hates me? What if he thinks I'm too ugly? What if he actually does like me? What running through your mind.

Minutes passed and you had just thought, what am I going to do? This whole crush thing was new. The only guy you had ever liked was Marcus Sanders, and that was in second grade.

The creak of your backdoor interrupted your thoughts. You whipped your head to face the door, to be met with the beautiful face of your best friend.

"H-hey Eddie," you spoke with a stutter, "what's up?"

"Not much, you just seemed very off today, i just wanted to check in on you. Mind if I sit?" He pointed to the bench next to me. When had you moved to the bench?

"Eddie, there's something that I need to tell you. It's very important and I need you to wait until I'm done talking. It is something I really need to say. Can you do that for me? Can you hear me out completely?"

"Of course, (Y/N). What's up?"

"When I met you I was so scared to love someone other than my mom. After my dad passed away, she was so hurt and I never wanted to feel like that. So I made boundaries, but you made me want to take them down. I wouldn't mind being hurt by you. You're my bestfriend, you're my everything. My whole world revolves around you and my mom. I want to always be around you, even though you get on my nerves a lot. You have everything a person could want. A great personality, and you're very pleasant to look at. I am so grateful for you. My life would be so different. You're my necessity," you paused to think of how you will word this never sentence.

"Wow, (Y/N). I feel just like that about you. With my mom-" but he was cut off.

"I'm not finished. There is one last thing I need to say. This is the most important part. Eddie, I need you to listen to me," you turned away from him for a second. You grabbed his hands and held them with yours.

"(Y/N), what's going on? You're scaring me. Is everything okay?"

"No, it's not okay, Eddie. It's not. Eddie I like you. I have a crush on you," you looked up at Eddie's face, only to have been met with an unreadable expression.